Overclocking Pentium G850

SetZ

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Hi! I would just like to ask if it is possible to overclock a Pentium G850 CPU? I know this is not a K series processor so it's basically not for overclocking. But I really want to overclock this little thing tho, to squeeze some juice out of it. :D

Anyways, I have an ASUS P8Z68-V LE mobo. And on the Asus AI Suite, there's the TurboV EVO utility which I think automatically overclocks the CPU and GPU? I wonder if it's okay to use that utility on this kind of processor. If not, is it there any way of OC'ing it? Because I saw this article http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1672/18/ where they managed to do it somehow.

Any opinions on this matter would be gladly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Solution
G
enable GPU Boost to raise the Bclk from 100 to 103 both in the BIOS and the onboard switch near the RAM.
got my i3 from 3.30 to 3.39 :)
enjoy.

the only thing i ever install from a motherboard disc is the drivers. i never install any utilities.
G

enable GPU Boost to raise the Bclk from 100 to 103 both in the BIOS and the onboard switch near the RAM.
got my i3 from 3.30 to 3.39 :)
enjoy.

the only thing i ever install from a motherboard disc is the drivers. i never install any utilities.

Solution

SetZ

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Thanks for the reply! Increase the bclk? Ohh wait, I think I might have already done that. Because there was the OC Tuning option in the BIOS and I'm pretty sure that's what did it. lol. I checked using CPU Z and it says that the bus speed is 103.0 MHz. So does this mean, that's it? :D