Computer won't boot up from standby mode no power lights, or display on screen

Hello,
I put my computer in standby mode. This morning the monitor is off and will not reboot. The screen is black, the mouse is off. I don't know what to do to get the computer on.
5 answers Last reply
More about computer boot standby mode power lights display screen
  1. rubypjohnson said:
    Hello,
    I put my computer in standby mode. This morning the monitor is off and will not reboot. The screen is black, the mouse is off. I don't know what to do to get the computer on.

    Boot from Windows CD and repair the OS. - In future do not use standby - Buggy and many people report the same issue not only in XP but other OS's.
    Use power options to turn off HDD & monitor instead.
  2. physically remove power from the computer, then reapply power. press the power button to turn the computer back on.
  3. nhasian said:
    physically remove power from the computer, then reapply power. press the power button to turn the computer back on.

    Did this before I sought advice here.Unplugged every cable from computer, unplugged electrical outlet. Plugged up again after 5 minutes and got no response. Depressed on-off switch for five minutes. Hit F8 button constantly for 5 minutes. Nothingl
  4. rubypjohnson said:
    Did this before I sought advice here.Unplugged every cable from computer, unplugged electrical outlet. Plugged up again after 5 minutes and got no response. Depressed on-off switch for five minutes. Hit F8 button constantly for 5 minutes. Nothingl


    Switch off power supply. Ground your self by touching to metal part & open your pc case . There is 2 terminal pin in mobo that label as power. This cable connection are connect to push button that let you start your pc. Remove this cable & use test pen to short the two pin that are removed & switch on electrical supply. If pc boot ok, turn off pc & put back everything & try to start pc normally.
  5. Finally called computer tech. The power box was gone. As soon as he put in a new one, the computer started smelling like wires burning. He said the mother board was gone. Now I'm looking for a new desk top computer.
Ask a new question

Read More

Light Computers Boot Power Windows XP Displays