OE block all incoming messages

Hi,
Using XPH/IE/OE
I only use a sub-account for all my emails. I have a
firewall running, and I seldem get junkmail.
When I go online, my webmail says I have messages on my
primary account. (all junkmail) Is it possible to block
all incoming mail on the primary account, and still
receive mail on my sub-account?

Is it possible to delete my webmail account without
deleting my primary account?

Thanks for your help,
Bill NJ

Bill NJ wrote on 11-Sep-2004 9:49 PM:

> Hi,
> Using XPH/IE/OE
> I only use a sub-account for all my emails. I have a
> firewall running, and I seldem get junkmail.
> When I go online, my webmail says I have messages on my
> primary account. (all junkmail) Is it possible to block
> all incoming mail on the primary account, and still
> receive mail on my sub-account?
>
> Is it possible to delete my webmail account without
> deleting my primary account?

Look around on the web server to find an appropriate Outlook Express
newsgroup and repost your request.

While I don't understand the difference between an account and a
sub-account, you cannot delete POP messages on the server before
downloading at least the headers. Whatever you do on your webmail
account is not affected by what you do in Outlook Express unless you are
downloading your webmail to OE via POP and NOT leaving them on the web
server. You might want to rephrase your question to be more clear, such
as "Can I delete junk mail on my POP server before I download it?" The
answer will be "No". "Can I delete junk mail from my webmail account
before downloading messages to Outlook Express via POP?". The answer
will be "Yes".

--
Kent W. England, Microsoft MVP for Windows Security