Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Dead or Stuck Pixel

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 1, 2009 2:39:56 AM

I just got a new Samsung T240 monitor and I had a black background up and I manage to find a small little pixel that was light light light blue/white near the middle. I dont know whether it is a dead pixel or stuck pixel. I tried rubbing it away with a cloth and that didnt work, so I am using Undead pixel right now to try to revive it :/ . Worst comes to worst should I return it and is there any other methods to remove a stuck/dead pixel?

More about : dead stuck pixel

Best solution

a c 1315 U Graphics card
a c 94 C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
December 1, 2009 2:47:17 AM

I have watched one of those for 5 years on my laptop. My biggest regret is that I did not return it as soon as I saw it waited until to late. Sometimes it irritates the #$"& out of me against a dark background.
If you can, return it!
December 1, 2009 2:56:07 AM

You should try out undead pixel. Apprently it works really well for stuck pixels. And I'm pretty sure mine is stuck because it is still backlite white. I've been running it for 30min and some people say it works as fast as 20sec and as long as 12hours. I'll see how it goes tho :/ 
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 1, 2009 9:07:58 AM

If you've tried all other approaches return is your only option I'd say. That's why I always buy my screens from a local store, even if it costs a little more, as that way if its got dead pixels then i can take it back and physically hand it over and ask for a replacement.
You may want to come up with some additional reasons as to why you don't want it also. Not sure if it still applies today but a few years ago LCD manuafcturers were allowed to put out screens with up to 3 dead pixels because the manufacturing process is so difficult. It was down to the discretion of the retailer whether to exchange or not if it had up to three.
December 1, 2009 12:43:25 PM

MMclachlan said:
If you've tried all other approaches return is your only option I'd say. That's why I always buy my screens from a local store, even if it costs a little more, as that way if its got dead pixels then i can take it back and physically hand it over and ask for a replacement.
You may want to come up with some additional reasons as to why you don't want it also. Not sure if it still applies today but a few years ago LCD manuafcturers were allowed to put out screens with up to 3 dead pixels because the manufacturing process is so difficult. It was down to the discretion of the retailer whether to exchange or not if it had up to three.

It still apply, depending on LCD class you have tolerancy from 0 (CLass 0) to as much as 50 (Class 4) dead/stuck pixels or even more if case of subpixels. This is defined in ISO 9241-303 from 2008.
December 1, 2009 6:54:01 PM

I bought it from futureshop, so hopefully I'll be able to get a refund/get a new monitor
a c 1315 U Graphics card
a c 94 C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
December 1, 2009 8:16:08 PM

impaledmango said:
You should try out undead pixel. Apprently it works really well for stuck pixels. And I'm pretty sure mine is stuck because it is still backlite white. I've been running it for 30min and some people say it works as fast as 20sec and as long as 12hours. I'll see how it goes tho :/ 

Belief me I tried every trick in the book.
December 1, 2009 10:10:43 PM

Alright so after around 20 hours straight of undead pixel nothing has happened, so I took it back to future shop. I had to spend sometime showing them where the pixel was because they had troubles making the background completeley black so I could show it to them lol! But I showed it to them and I got my money back. :) 

I decided I'm going to wait till boxing day till I rebuy, hopefully save some money... for then back on my old 17"...
a c 1315 U Graphics card
a c 94 C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
December 1, 2009 10:21:16 PM

Good move!
!