Sign in with
Your question

Crackling sound while downloading

Last response: in Systems
November 27, 2009 8:37:09 PM

Hey everyone,

I have XP Pro with a Soundblaster Audigy Z2 soundcard...never had any sound issues in the past, but recently when I download or load a video from the web, my sound starts to 'crackle' or get distorated. I use Winamp with an internal drive. I've switched PCI slots to try to correct the problem, but no luck so far..also updated to the latest drivers provided by Creative's website. I haven't tried onboard sound yet, but that will be my last resort, if my soundcard is bad. Also I have a Logitech 5.1 surround sound (sub + 5 tweeters). Any info would be appreciated!

PS. My rig is homebuilt, so I'm not sure where else to include this post.

Thanks,
Sean
February 8, 2010 2:54:39 PM

DmD420 said:
Hey everyone,

I have XP Pro with a Soundblaster Audigy Z2 soundcard...never had any sound issues in the past, but recently when I download or load a video from the web, my sound starts to 'crackle' or get distorated. I use Winamp with an internal drive. I've switched PCI slots to try to correct the problem, but no luck so far..also updated to the latest drivers provided by Creative's website. I haven't tried onboard sound yet, but that will be my last resort, if my soundcard is bad. Also I have a Logitech 5.1 surround sound (sub + 5 tweeters). Any info would be appreciated!

PS. My rig is homebuilt, so I'm not sure where else to include this post.

Thanks,
Sean

I have the same problem, except with Windows 7 and my mobo's built-in audio. Did you find a solution?
February 10, 2010 5:21:19 PM

For anyone who may run into this problem: The fix, for me, was to replace AVG Free with Avast Free.
June 22, 2012 7:40:42 PM

I have the same problem. It is like something is interfering with the high frequency of the sound card. Like either hearing the processor or the hdd's writing through the headphones. Have not been able to find a solution. Not even muting all devices made a difference. Only stopping downloading.
!