Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking AMD 945

Last response: in Overclocking
May 6, 2012 1:48:02 AM

Hi all, just wondering if I overclock a AMD 945 x4 will I see a noticable improvement in gaming? It is clocked to 3.0 and I feel I shouldn't be lagging as much as I am in games with a gtx 480. The motherboard I have though does not allow overclocking so what board should I buy? It was brought to my attention I may need to when I tried to play Everquest 2 and was getting terrible frame rates. Please help

tl;dr
1.Will I see a noticeable improvement in games if I overclock from 3.0 to 3.5 or higher?
2. What motherboard should I buy for overclocking the cpu and possibly gpu?

More about : overclocking amd 945

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
May 9, 2012 12:04:29 AM

See this here to help answer your question and to give you an idea of what you should be able squeeze out of your cpu.

For the motherboard I would suggest this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The reviews look decent and it will allow you to do what you are wanting to do.

Good Luck and post back when you get ready to overclock.

Respectfully,
tekman42
a b K Overclocking
May 9, 2012 7:01:30 PM

What are your system specs? besides the CPU, what mobo, RAM, GPU(s) are you using?

As for the over clock, a 500mhz boost will make a significant difference in every aspect of your computing. You will just have to watch your temperatures as you increase the voltages.
a b K Overclocking
May 9, 2012 7:02:05 PM

What are your system specs? besides the CPU, what mobo, RAM, GPU(s) are you using?

As for the over clock, a 500mhz boost will make a significant difference in every aspect of your computing. You will just have to watch your temperatures as you increase the voltages.
!