Overclocking AMD 945

Hi all, just wondering if I overclock a AMD 945 x4 will I see a noticable improvement in gaming? It is clocked to 3.0 and I feel I shouldn't be lagging as much as I am in games with a gtx 480. The motherboard I have though does not allow overclocking so what board should I buy? It was brought to my attention I may need to when I tried to play Everquest 2 and was getting terrible frame rates. Please help

tl;dr
1.Will I see a noticeable improvement in games if I overclock from 3.0 to 3.5 or higher?
2. What motherboard should I buy for overclocking the cpu and possibly gpu?
3 answers Last reply
More about overclocking
  1. See this here to help answer your question and to give you an idea of what you should be able squeeze out of your cpu.

For the motherboard I would suggest this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131636

The reviews look decent and it will allow you to do what you are wanting to do.

Good Luck and post back when you get ready to overclock.

Respectfully,
    tekman42
  2. What are your system specs? besides the CPU, what mobo, RAM, GPU(s) are you using?

As for the over clock, a 500mhz boost will make a significant difference in every aspect of your computing. You will just have to watch your temperatures as you increase the voltages.
  3. What are your system specs? besides the CPU, what mobo, RAM, GPU(s) are you using?

As for the over clock, a 500mhz boost will make a significant difference in every aspect of your computing. You will just have to watch your temperatures as you increase the voltages.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking AMD Motherboards Product