Ssd and raid - 0 together?

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • NAS / RAID
  • SSD
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
October 27, 2011 9:50:12 PM

So i just installed my new ssd and got windows 7 up and running with a fresh format. now, my previous o.s. drives (2 velociraptor 150k in raid 0) were going to be my storage drive, i was told this was totally possible to have ssd as boot and raid 0 as storage. well, i have them plugged in, can see them in bios under drive information, can see them under device manager however they are not showing under my "my computer" as single drives or even the desired raid setup. I do have my raid set in my bios to AHCI as i was directed by corsair who makes my ssd.

is there anyway to get this to work??

More about : ssd raid

October 27, 2011 9:55:09 PM

nm figured it out.
m
l
December 6, 2011 3:58:59 PM

hatebreeder said:
nm figured it out.

Can you explain? I am going to be doing the same thing shortly and wondering about setting bios as Raid or AHCI. I don't think that raid will operate in AHCI. Crucial tech supp. says you can run ssd in raid bios but will lose some performance in speed.
m
l
December 6, 2011 4:07:55 PM

set your raid as AHCI - once i had everything stable with my ssd.

1.Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.In the Navigation pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

from there you can format your drive and do the rest. it took like 2 minutes. i hope this helps. im on my work pc currently and had to kind of go off memory.
m
l
!