System specs are
Intel DH55TC mobo
6gb RAM kingston 1333Mhz
320 GB Seagate HDD
Core i3 530 @ 2.93Ghz
Geforce 550Ti GPU
Hyper 212+ Cooler
Cooler Master 750w PSU GX series

The problem is sometimes my PC just starts cycling on and off when I turn it on. But then I recover it by recovery jumper and it works fine. If RAM was faulty or any other thing shouldn't it not work at all?
I updated my BIOS to 0046 version today could that be the problem?
I would like some fast replies before I loose my Rig. Please help!

reapers_hand

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011

Yeah with bios update unlocking memory multiplier was possible because I was planning to overclock for my thesis rendering. I dunno how much it will effect but as far as I have seen on the internet it does have some effect

Please read the release notes to see if you can find any help there.

www.downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20043&ProdId=3143&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0A&DownloadType=BIOS

Also, how did you update the BIOS? Were there any complications while updating? If you have made any modifications in the BIOS then please mention them.

reapers_hand

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011

No modifications, and I updated by the recovery method....hmmmmm

reapers_hand

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Found and error....see if I raise my core clock to 166 and lower the memory multiplier from 10 then my PC don't work. But without lowering the memory multiplier it works fine. I tested the RAMs with Memtest 86 and no error so RAM ain't bad. then either they are not supporting OC or maybe somethings not supporting lower memory speeds i.e. 1328MHz

reapers_hand

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah that works but see with that I am unable to overclock any further than 3.4 Ghz as it would be dangerous for the RAM. This other guy did it with same board, Ram and processor.

I guess the 1333 MHz frequency is the limiting factor here. Getting some good 1600 MHz memory modules should increase the overclock limit. See if you can find some deal for your current ram.

Till then or as an alternative head over to the overclocking section of these forums. The experts there should be able to help you better.

I guess not. And even if it works, the board might still limit it to a maximum frequency of 1333 MHz. So the only option seems to be to get a motherboard with higher memory frequency support. Now that might not seem a good logical option (unless you can get one for an awesome deal).