AMD X2 550BE unlocked all cores, take a look at my core speed

morabors

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I just unlocked the chip CPUID shows all 4 cores and threads but my clock core 0 core speed shows as 803MHz, would this be normal? Thanks

DO you still have cool-n-quiet enabled and have the system idling ?? CPUID will report the actual speed the CPU is currently running so 800Mhz. sounds right for idle speed with CnQ enabled for powersavings (it defaults to 4x the FSB setting !)

morabors

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Thanks, I started Memtest and now it shows at 3113. Another question though, I also have HW monitor running and it shows the following temps
tmpin0 AT 82f
TMPIN1 AT 84F
TMPIN2 AT 176F

ALL CPU CORES AT 32F.

tHIS CAN'T BE RIGHT?

HWMonitor will not report the CPU temps once you unlock the extra cores (it will always show 0 C - I have a Gigiabyte MOBO so use Easy tune 6 to check the CPU temp and also Everest Ultimate edition will still report it as well (they both only will accurately report the total CPU temp (the cores will all show 0 C - happens to all the CPUs that you can unlock cores on !)

176F or 80 C is a bit high of a temp the other 2 are good temps - could be the CPU is running a bit hot due to the extra cores - do you have the Bios set to auto on the Voltage ?? If so you may need to set it manually and lower it a bit - On AUto it tends to give more Voltage than needed to run stable and that extra voltage is converted into heat so go into the bios and make the needed adjustments and it should drop the temp.

morabors

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Thanks, how do I know what TMPIN2 actually is? It is hard for me to believe anything in there is 176 degrees F as this is currently in my very cold basement. Bios does have the voltages set to auto. If I were to adjust the voltages, which would I adjust and by how much?