Sign in with
Your question

Will this PSU fit in my case?

Last response: in Components
February 9, 2010 2:03:24 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron Mini tower with a 300 Watt PSU. I'm upgrading my system part by part (PSU then motherboard then graphics card, case etc.) and I'm wondering if a CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V would fit in my minitower?

More about : psu fit case

a c 243 ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2010 9:31:05 AM

SomeoneMustGetHurt said:
I have a Dell Inspiron Mini tower with a 300 Watt PSU. I'm upgrading my system part by part (PSU then motherboard then graphics card, case etc.) and I'm wondering if a CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V would fit in my minitower?

Yes, it will.
The TX750 is 6.3 inches deep ( the Dell psu is usually 5.5 ) and has a much larger cable bundle, so it can be a pita, especially if you have dual optical drives that will leave no room to hide those wires.
The Antec TPN750 might be a better option for you, only 5.9 inches deep and semi modular, with the current rebate it ends up costing less as well.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
Related resources
a c 243 ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2010 12:46:17 PM

Quote:
It might work, but most of those dell mobo's have power connectors that aren't on regular atx psu's. Like 10 pin connectors.

Can really help you without knowing which inspiron you have.

None of the Inspiron Mini Towers had a power supply with non standard connectors.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 9, 2010 1:22:17 PM

Every Dell I've worked with in the last five years or so has had standard connectors.
m
l
!