Sign in with
Your question

Taskbar and icons dont load on boot up

Last response: in Windows XP
June 3, 2012 4:51:11 PM

Hello, I am having this problem since i updated my drivers with iolo system mechanic i uninstalled using task manager and browsing for the uninstall i already typed in explorer.exe on run ran several scans with spybot and with iobit malware scan didnt work. Tried to run malware bytes antimalware it told me i couldnt run it it said something about runtime error 372 and i cant even right click on the desktop please someone help me :(  my computer is an 3200+ AMD ATHLON processor 2.0 958 MB RAM 160 GB HARDrive with Windows Xp Professional Service Pack 3
June 3, 2012 8:31:59 PM

sounds like iolo system mechanic corrupted your windows. time for a fresh install.
m
l
June 3, 2012 9:26:29 PM

:pfff:  I want to do that the thing is they never gave the operating system cd or the winn32.exe thingy to install it again can there be another solution :( 
m
l
Related resources
June 3, 2012 9:32:49 PM

who is "they" ? if the manufacturer of the pc did not include system restore discs you should have a system restore partition on the hard disk to do a factory restore. Please consult the manual or the manufacturer's website on how to do this. You can also order system restore discs from the manufacturer as well.
m
l
June 4, 2012 1:34:15 AM

Actually the pc manufacturer did not give me the windows xp professional cd or restore discs i tried system restore but it freezes on me I want to reinstall windows xp but i donot have the cd for windows xp professional
m
l
June 4, 2012 1:55:59 AM

iolo system mechanic < stay away from this product it's known to cause plenty of issues,forum members like nhasian , will be glad to assist you.
m
l
June 4, 2012 2:02:56 AM

yah i have a question can there be any other way to bring back my taskbar and my icons because i can still see them when i browse something on task manager
m
l
!