* Changed a couple of specs...
Im making my first computer very soon, probably starting after the holidays.
Anyway, i just wanted to make sure that all the pieces that im want to buy fit together properly and will make a moderate standard gaming cumputer. I know I probably need more ram but i will be getting another 4g's once i get windows 7. I can probably go up about another $100 for parts. I want the system to be able to change a lot, ill probably change the processor next cristmas to a black edition phenomen quad core. Also ill get another of the graphics card.
I live in Victoria, Australia. I hope to get all my parts of mwave.com.au but im sure i can search around for any parts they dont stock if you feel like it will boost performance considerably.
I have a total budget of $1100 AUD.
I dont need to purchase a new Operating system but will be getting one about 5 months after.
Ill be playing games mostly like spore and sims, but i also play online rpgs.
Give me your opinions, your answers are greatly appreciated.
So the specs are:
1) Where about do you live?
2) What is your final total budget?
3) Do you need to purchase a new Operating System?
4) What monitor resolution will you be playing at? What kind of games?
A few general suggestions:
- Yes, the AM3 mobos are a good choice, they will have good expandability
- Yes, the 5770 is a good choice
- The OCZ Fatal1ty 550W has a great mail-in rebate offer now
- Go for the 2 GB RAM sticks (not that much more expensive, and makes upgrading cheaper)
- The Samsung Spinpoint F3 500 GB is a great hard drive. I would consider that over the one you selected.
Your build is solid, but here are a couple tweaks. Use the Western Digital Caviar Black (instead of green) or Samsung Spinpoint F3 hard drives. The power supply could be upgraded to a better brand. Make sure it has 80+ and Active PF.