DPC latency problem with p6t/ creative xfi drivers - stuttering

mb203

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2009
So I recently built a new x58 rig and installed a fresh windows 7 (64) on a new hard drive, the only piece of hardware from my old build I'm using is my x-fi titanium sound card.

Other hardware:
Asus p6t
i7 930
6gb corsair xms 1600
asus hd5870

The issue I've been having ever since putting this rig together is sound stuttering. It isn't a hardware issue with the sound card, because the same problem continues when I'm using the p6t's onboard audio and all creative drivers removed.

I used driver sweeper to completely remove all sound drivers and installed the latest creative drivers, issue remains.

It's also not due to my speakers, problem persists through different sets.

I've also updated my bios to the latest release, no fix.

The only lead I have is when running DPC latency checker, when the stutters happen the bars cap out and the diagnostic says:

"Some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will probably cause drop-outs in real-time audio and/or video streams. To isolate the misbehaving driver use Device Manager and disable/re-enable various devices, one at a time. Try network and W-LAN adapters, modems, internal sound devices, USB host controllers, etc."

dpcr.jpg

The stuttering seems to be random, and very annoying. I've tried everything I can think of, so at this point I'm guessing there is a problem with my actual motherboard. I really don't want to have to RMA this thing though especially if the new ones going to come back with the same issue, so does anyone have any ideas that could help me?

I haven't gone through and disabled every single device, but the obvious ones I've toggled to no avail.

I've seen this problem with gigabyte boards (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/247210-30-audio-latency-problem-ds3r) but no fixes for asus boards, I guess I could always try going through every bios released :|

I've also uninstalled and tested without my ati drivers, so it's not related to those.

I'd also like to point out that this issue was affecting my old install of win7 on another HDD, problem continued on fresh install on a new drive.

Thanks so much.

mb203

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2009

While my feelings for creative are similar, my issue is with this motherboard, as I said the same problem happened with it's on board audio when creative hardware and drivers were both removed.

zehpavora

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
It may sound stupid, but have you updated the onboard sound drivers, too? If so, maybe you do have to RMA the board. If it is on Windows 7, try installing them in compatibility mode and/or update all the drivers in the computer. It works sometimes.

G

You know I had the same problem with my X-Fi. I recently found a solution by accident.
You should try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980486

These adapters are a prob. If you enable show hidden devices in the command prompt type:
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

Then open up Device Manager, and go to Network Adapters.
In my situation, i had almost 300 of Microsoft 6to4 Adapter.

I removed ALL of them (right click, Uninstall) and the problem seems to be solved!