Does a Arctic Accelero S1 fit in this case?

betaware

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Hello everyone,

Since last weekend I own a new homebuild PC, which appears to be very quiet.. except for one component which spoils it all: the video card.

My Sapphire 4850 in my case makes a lot of noise, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner. Perhaps this is because the video card fits pretty "tight" , and there isnot really much airflow available.

Then I came with an idea: Why no passive cooling?, but before deciding that I wonder whether the cooling unit (the Arctic Accelero S1 Rev. 2 (http://www.arcticcooling.com/catalog .. . ath = 2_ & MID = 105)fits in this case.

Does anyone own this cooling, and can someone tell me how many expansion slots the cooling needs?
Photos on the internet are showing me that this card requires 2 slots ( the slot of the vid.card + other expansion slot) but perhaps someone can confirm this for me.
I'am only looking for the cooling block, not the fan option (I have some silent fans aroud here to create more airflow)

Below some pictures of the card, and some pictures of the case in which the cooling needs to be mounted
kastmetvid.jpg

As you can see, the space is limited (there is only 1 PCI slot and I prefer to use my TV card next to the vid.card slot)
nauwelijks-ruimte.jpg

This is the space I have without the video card:
kastleeg.jpg

Two pictures of the videocard itself, if someone suggests this cooling could not fit anyway:
achter.jpg

voor.jpg

If you have other cooling solutions that will require 2 slots, and are very silent (and not too expensive) please let me know.

Thank you in advance,
Wim.

betaware

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Hopefully the images are working this time:

Below some pictures of the card, and some pictures of the case in which the cooling needs to be mounted
kastmetvid.jpg

As you can see, the space is limited (there is only 1 PCI slot and I prefer to use my TV card next to the vid.card slot)
nauwelijks-ruimte.jpg

This is the space I have without the video card:
kastleeg.jpg

Two pictures of the videocard itself, if someone suggests this cooling could not fit anyway:
achter.jpg

voor.jpg