Sign in with
Your question

CPUs

Last response: in CPUs
February 9, 2010 4:22:15 PM

Hey,
I'm going to be building my first gaming computer soon and i was curious what a good motherboard and CPU would be. I do plan to overclock, and i want to get something thats a good buy for that. I'm planning on going with an AMD DX11 graphics card too. If someone could give me some suggestions, i would be very grateful.
thanks
Siah

More about : cpus

a c 172 à CPUs
a c 156 V Motherboard
February 9, 2010 4:23:04 PM

Budget?
m
l
Related resources
February 9, 2010 5:15:41 PM

would those work well with an ATI hd5870?
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 9, 2010 8:30:12 PM

siahboy said:
would those work well with an ATI hd5870?

oh yes very well.

ati chipset, ati processor & ati video card. run fusion and it optimizes it.
m
l
February 9, 2010 9:15:31 PM

agreed , you would have one mean machine there
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 10, 2010 12:48:19 AM

siahboy said:
Hey,
I'm going to be building my first gaming computer soon and i was curious what a good motherboard and CPU would be. I do plan to overclock, and i want to get something thats a good buy for that. I'm planning on going with an AMD DX11 graphics card too. If someone could give me some suggestions, i would be very grateful.
thanks
Siah

We would really need a budget to give you any useful kind of advice, that and the resolution at which you are going to be playing games.

When you have a budget, simply choose a video card to match the resolution, and match the rest of the parts as well as possible as budget allows.

If you could repost with this format you would get much better advice.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 15, 2010 8:24:50 PM

siahboy said:
why wouldn't you get the phenom II x4 965? it's only a little more expensive.

Because the 955 is the same chip just set to 1x lower of a cpu multiplier by default and is $15 - $30 cheaper !! (and since it is a Black Edition chip is takes only a few seconds in the BIOS to change that )
m
l
!