Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Air flow

Last response: in Overclocking
May 7, 2012 5:38:10 PM

I recently bought a Corsair H80 and I have a Rosewill Blackhawk mid tower case, with two top fans blowing air out, two front fans pulling air in, and a side fan pulling air in. What would be the best setup for my h80? Should I have one fan pull air in pushing it through the rad and the other fan pulling it into my case, or should I have it the other way around where its pushing air through the rad and pulling it out of my case? Thanks for any help.

More about : air flow

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
May 8, 2012 3:28:15 AM

I use a "push/pull" setup where as I have all fans in my case...Rosewill BlackHawk Ultra Super Tower...except my water cooling.

I have ALL fans except the fans on my H100 at the top...set to INTAKE...pulling air into the case.

The only exhaust fans in my rig are at the top...on the cpu cooler...but I have 9 intake fans in my case and 4 exhaust fans through the cooler at the top.

you would do best to set your h80 to pulling cool air from the outside through your cooler and letting the fans at the top exhaust warm air out of the case.

My last three builds...2 Antec 1200's and this BlackHawk Ultra all set up the same way with the ONLY exhaust at the top where heat rises to naturally.

My temps in all three builds have been fantastic...works well.

One note......I never allow my PSU to add heat to the interior of my computer...I ONLY use PCPower&Cooling psu's with the psu fan exhausting heat out the BACK of my case...the PSU puts out a LARGE amount of heat...I would never want it inside my case....that's just my preference but is one of the reasons my temps on ALL components is always extremely low in this type of configuration...it works really, really, well!!!

Respectfully,
tekman42
a c 231 K Overclocking
May 8, 2012 10:47:48 AM

hoppingpulse said:
I recently bought a Corsair H80 and I have a Rosewill Blackhawk mid tower case, with two top fans blowing air out, two front fans pulling air in, and a side fan pulling air in. What would be the best setup for my h80? Should I have one fan pull air in pushing it through the rad and the other fan pulling it into my case, or should I have it the other way around where its pushing air through the rad and pulling it out of my case? Thanks for any help.

Since you have 2 fans exhausting air through the blowholes on top, pulling the fresh air from the outside of the case through the radiator, exhausting inside the case, will probably be your best CPU cooling. The blowholes will take the heat out of the top of the case, and the radiator will not be using pre-heated case air.
m
l
May 8, 2012 1:02:21 PM

Best answer selected by hoppingpulse.
m
l
!