Merging bookcase with desk

Last response: in Video Games
December 6, 2004 6:43:31 PM

Did you know you can merge the bookcase with the desk? It looks like a
desk with half a bookcase on top. The Sims can still get books, however
they get them from the bottom shelf through the desk, but who cares! It
looks neat and saves a space.

More about : merging bookcase desk

Anonymous
December 6, 2004 8:41:21 PM

JulyRaine wrote:
> Did you know you can merge the bookcase with the desk? It looks like a
> desk with half a bookcase on top. The Sims can still get books,
> however they get them from the bottom shelf through the desk, but who
> cares! It looks neat and saves a space.

What happens if you put it on the side with the desk drawers?

--
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 10:13:44 PM

SeaShel wrote:
> JulyRaine wrote:
>
>>Did you know you can merge the bookcase with the desk? It looks like a
>>desk with half a bookcase on top. The Sims can still get books,
>>however they get them from the bottom shelf through the desk, but who
>>cares! It looks neat and saves a space.
>

> What happens if you put it on the side with the desk drawers?

==
Are you meaning the side where the chair can't go? That's the side I am
talking about.
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 10:13:45 PM

JulyRaine wrote:
> SeaShel wrote:
>> JulyRaine wrote:
>>
>>> Did you know you can merge the bookcase with the desk? It looks
>>> like a desk with half a bookcase on top. The Sims can still get
>>> books, however they get them from the bottom shelf through the
>>> desk, but who cares! It looks neat and saves a space.
>>

>> What happens if you put it on the side with the desk drawers?
>>
> ==
> Are you meaning the side where the chair can't go? That's the side I
> am talking about.

Oh...I see. I guess if you put it where the chair goes, they can't get to
it, can they?

--
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 10:27:00 PM

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:43:31 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Did you know you can merge the bookcase with the desk? It looks like a
>desk with half a bookcase on top. The Sims can still get books, however
>they get them from the bottom shelf through the desk, but who cares! It
>looks neat and saves a space.

I haven't tried yet, but I found by accident that I could put a
dresser in the side of a staircase and save space that way--and it
just looks like storage drawers in the wall.

BW
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 10:27:01 PM

<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

> I haven't tried yet, but I found by accident that I could put a
> dresser in the side of a staircase and save space that way--and it
> just looks like storage drawers in the wall.

If you have more than one crib you can merge them too.

Gareeth
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 10:27:01 PM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:43:31 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Did you know you can merge the bookcase with the desk? It looks like a
>>desk with half a bookcase on top. The Sims can still get books, however
>>they get them from the bottom shelf through the desk, but who cares! It
>>looks neat and saves a space.
>

> I haven't tried yet, but I found by accident that I could put a
> dresser in the side of a staircase and save space that way--and it
> just looks like storage drawers in the wall.
>
> BW
Cool!
December 7, 2004 1:09:34 AM

JulyRaine wrote:
> barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
>> I haven't tried yet, but I found by accident that I could put a
>> dresser in the side of a staircase and save space that way--and it
>> just looks like storage drawers in the wall.
> Cool!

That's something I wish we could do in Sims original. Can't even get an
end table under the stairs...
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 12:31:13 PM

> <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I haven't tried yet, but I found by accident that I could put a
>> dresser in the side of a staircase and save space that way--and it
>> just looks like storage drawers in the wall.
>>
> If you have more than one crib you can merge them too.

How would you merge 2 cribs in such a way that they can still use them?

---
December 7, 2004 12:31:14 PM

"etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message

> How would you merge 2 cribs in such a way that they can still use them?

It just takes away extra space. There still wind up being two seperate spots
to put the kids. Try it.

Gareeth
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 1:32:53 PM

I didn't even know merging was an option!
How is done then? Do you just drag one object onto another?
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 1:32:54 PM

Glycerine wrote:
> I didn't even know merging was an option!
> How is done then? Do you just drag one object onto another?

I just took the bookcase and put it against the wall where the desk was.
It lets me do it and is still functional. Not only that, you can still
have a phone, lamp or whatever on the desk with the bookcase in position.
I wrote in another post, but just in case it was missed, I also found
out you can place objects on the mantle of the fireplace. That is SO COOL!
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 10:29:40 PM

You can also merge sofa's :-)
That way you can make a nice cornersofa, but remember, you can only do
al this with the move objects on :-)

Elly.

>"etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message
>
>> How would you merge 2 cribs in such a way that they can still use them?
>
>It just takes away extra space. There still wind up being two seperate spots
>to put the kids. Try it.
>
>Gareeth
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 1:30:41 AM

"Elly" <ellyhensens@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You can also merge sofa's :-)
> That way you can make a nice cornersofa, but remember, you can only do
> al this with the move objects on :-)

You can merge baby cribs with it off. Just run them together and they merge.

Gareeth
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 3:54:49 PM

Elly wrote:
> You can also merge sofa's :-)
> That way you can make a nice cornersofa, but remember, you can only do
> al this with the move objects on :-)
>
> Elly.
>

>>"etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message
>>

>>>How would you merge 2 cribs in such a way that they can still use them?
>>
>>It just takes away extra space. There still wind up being two seperate spots
>>to put the kids. Try it.
>>
>>Gareeth
==
So that's how they did it! I saw a picture and couldn't figure out how
they did that! Thanks :)
You don't have to use moveobjects for the desk/bookcase either.
December 8, 2004 6:51:54 PM

How do you merge anything in the game? I can't merge anything. Please
help me. :)

somebody

"JulyRaine" <JulyRaine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Elly wrote:
>> You can also merge sofa's :-)
>> That way you can make a nice cornersofa, but remember, you can only
>> do
>> al this with the move objects on :-)
>>
>> Elly.
>>

>>>"etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message

>>>It just takes away extra space. There still wind up being two
>>>seperate spots to put the kids. Try it.
>>>
>>>Gareeth
> ==
> So that's how they did it! I saw a picture and couldn't figure out
> how they did that! Thanks :)
> You don't have to use moveobjects for the desk/bookcase either.
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 7:50:33 PM

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:54:49 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Elly wrote:
>> You can also merge sofa's :-)
>> That way you can make a nice cornersofa, but remember, you can only do
>> al this with the move objects on :-)
>>
>>>"etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message

>>>It just takes away extra space. There still wind up being two seperate spots
>>>to put the kids. Try it.
>>
>So that's how they did it! I saw a picture and couldn't figure out how
>they did that! Thanks :)
> You don't have to use moveobjects for the desk/bookcase either.

Or for the dresser/staircase either.

bW
December 8, 2004 8:17:29 PM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:43:31 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Did you know you can merge the bookcase with the desk? It looks like
>> a desk with half a bookcase on top. The Sims can still get books,
>> however they get them from the bottom shelf through the desk, but
>> who cares! It looks neat and saves a space.
>
> I haven't tried yet, but I found by accident that I could put a
> dresser in the side of a staircase and save space that way--and it
> just looks like storage drawers in the wall.

You can merge two swingsets, too, to make one big one.

Kim
December 8, 2004 8:18:26 PM

Elly wrote:
> You can also merge sofa's :-)
> That way you can make a nice cornersofa, but remember, you can only do
> al this with the move objects on :-)

I tried all the merge things mentioned, (and a few others), they all worked
without using "move objects"

Kim
December 8, 2004 8:49:14 PM

> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:54:49 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Elly wrote:
>>> You can also merge sofa's :-)
>>> That way you can make a nice cornersofa, but remember, you can only
>>> do
>>> al this with the move objects on :-)

>>So that's how they did it! I saw a picture and couldn't figure out
>>how
>>they did that! Thanks :)
>> You don't have to use moveobjects for the desk/bookcase either.
>
> Or for the dresser/staircase either.
>
> bW

Barbara, are you using any cheats at all to merge? I tried merging a
dresser into a staircase
but it wouldn't do it.

somebody
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 11:07:38 PM

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:49:14 -0600, "somebody" <happy@playingsims.net>
wrote:

><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:54:49 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>>So that's how they did it! I saw a picture and couldn't figure out
>>>how
>>>they did that! Thanks :)
>>> You don't have to use moveobjects for the desk/bookcase either.
>>
>> Or for the dresser/staircase either.
>
>Barbara, are you using any cheats at all to merge? I tried merging a
>dresser into a staircase
>but it wouldn't do it.

I only did it once, and I don't think I had any cheats on. Maybe it
depends on which dresser or on the amount of room you have next to the
staircase--I don't really know. I was putting a dresser on the ground
floor of the default Goth house, on the front hall side of the
staircase, and I happened to move it so that it went into the side of
the staircase, which surprised me. I haven't tried it since then.

BW
December 8, 2004 11:34:17 PM

<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
..

> I only did it once, and I don't think I had any cheats on. Maybe it
> depends on which dresser or on the amount of room you have next to the
> staircase--I don't really know. I was putting a dresser on the ground
> floor of the default Goth house, on the front hall side of the
> staircase, and I happened to move it so that it went into the side of
> the staircase, which surprised me. I haven't tried it since then.
>
> BW

Thanks BW for the info. I did merge some things using moveObjects on but
without the cheat,
I couldn't get anything to merge except the swing set but that doesn't
need any cheat.

Hopefully, somebody else will reply as I am still confused. LOL

somebody
December 8, 2004 11:36:48 PM

> "Elly" <ellyhensens@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> You can also merge sofa's :-)
>> That way you can make a nice cornersofa, but remember, you can only
>> do
>> al this with the move objects on :-)
>>
> You can merge baby cribs with it off. Just run them together and they
> merge.
>
> Gareeth

Well, I tried it without any cheats and it didn't work for me.

somebody
December 8, 2004 11:37:39 PM

"JulyRaine" <JulyRaine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Elly wrote:
>> You can also merge sofa's :-)
>> That way you can make a nice cornersofa, but remember, you can only
>> do
>> al this with the move objects on :-)
>>
>> Elly.
>>

>>>"etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message

>>>It just takes away extra space. There still wind up being two
>>>seperate spots to put the kids. Try it.
>>>
>>>Gareeth
> ==
> So that's how they did it! I saw a picture and couldn't figure out
> how they did that! Thanks :)
> You don't have to use moveobjects for the desk/bookcase either.

Well, again, without any cheats, I couldn't get the desk/bookcase to
merge.

so confused.........somebody
December 8, 2004 11:38:42 PM

"Kim" <flhspam72@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Elly wrote:
>> You can also merge sofa's :-)
>> That way you can make a nice cornersofa, but remember, you can only
>> do
>> al this with the move objects on :-)
>
> I tried all the merge things mentioned, (and a few others), they all
> worked
> without using "move objects"
>
> Kim

Come on, please give out the secret. I can't get anything to merge
without some kind of
cheat.

somebody
December 8, 2004 11:39:25 PM

> barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
>> On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:43:31 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Did you know you can merge the bookcase with the desk? It looks like
>>> a desk with half a bookcase on top. The Sims can still get books,
>>> however they get them from the bottom shelf through the desk, but
>>> who cares! It looks neat and saves a space.
>>
>> I haven't tried yet, but I found by accident that I could put a
>> dresser in the side of a staircase and save space that way--and it
>> just looks like storage drawers in the wall.
>
> You can merge two swingsets, too, to make one big one.
>
> Kim

Now, that I can do. LOL

somebody
December 8, 2004 11:40:58 PM

> Glycerine wrote:
>> I didn't even know merging was an option!
>> How is done then? Do you just drag one object onto another?
>>

> I just took the bookcase and put it against the wall where the desk
> was.
> It lets me do it and is still functional. Not only that, you can
> still have a phone, lamp or whatever on the desk with the bookcase in
> position.
> I wrote in another post, but just in case it was missed, I also found
> out you can place objects on the mantle of the fireplace. That is SO
> COOL!

Yes, I figured out about the putting stuff on the mantle. But,
merging.......I can't get anything to merge.

somebody
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 11:40:59 PM

somebody wrote:
> "JulyRaine" <JulyRaine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Glycerine wrote:
>>
>>>I didn't even know merging was an option!
>>>How is done then? Do you just drag one object onto another?
>>>

>>I just took the bookcase and put it against the wall where the desk
>>was.
>>It lets me do it and is still functional. Not only that, you can
>>still have a phone, lamp or whatever on the desk with the bookcase in
>>position.
>>I wrote in another post, but just in case it was missed, I also found
>>out you can place objects on the mantle of the fireplace. That is SO
>>COOL!
>

> Yes, I figured out about the putting stuff on the mantle. But,
> merging.......I can't get anything to merge.
>

> somebody

=====
on merging, I needed the moveobjects on cheat to do the sofas.
on the desk thing maybe it has to be the expensive desk for it to work.
That's the only desk I have tried it with. Basically just push the
bookcase into the desk where the drawers.
I haven't been able to do the dresser and staircase yet, still trying to
figure that one out.
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 11:50:00 PM

===========
> I haven't been able to do the dresser and staircase yet, still trying to
> figure that one out.
Figured it out :)
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 12:34:20 AM

wrote:

>Barbara, are you using any cheats at all to merge? I tried merging a
>dresser into a staircase
>but it wouldn't do it.

Okay, I just tried this in the game, and I *did* need the moveobjects
cheat on to do it.

BW
December 9, 2004 12:34:21 AM

> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:49:14 -0600, "somebody" <happy@playingsims.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Barbara, are you using any cheats at all to merge? I tried merging a
>>dresser into a staircase
>>but it wouldn't do it.
>
> Okay, I just tried this in the game, and I *did* need the moveobjects
> cheat on to do it.
>
> BW

Whew!! thanks BW as I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

somebody
December 9, 2004 2:24:26 AM

> JulyRaine wrote:
>> somebody wrote:
>>
>>> "JulyRaine" <JulyRaine@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Yes, I figured out about the putting stuff on the mantle. But,
>>> merging.......I can't get anything to merge.
>>>

>>> somebody
>>>
>> =====
>> on merging, I needed the moveobjects on cheat to do the sofas.
>> on the desk thing maybe it has to be the expensive desk for it to
>> work.
>> That's the only desk I have tried it with. Basically just push the
>> bookcase into the desk where the drawers.
> ===========
> > I haven't been able to do the dresser and staircase yet, still
> > trying to
> > figure that one out.
> Figured it out :)

Tell us please!! I still can't do the dresser and staircase. Even with
the move objects cheat I can't.
The dresser will go into the staircase but it can't be seen. I don't
know what I'm doing wrong.

somebody
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 8:19:38 AM

somebody wrote:
> "JulyRaine" <JulyRaine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>JulyRaine wrote:

>>>=====
>>>on merging, I needed the moveobjects on cheat to do the sofas.
>>>on the desk thing maybe it has to be the expensive desk for it to
>>>work.
>>>That's the only desk I have tried it with. Basically just push the
>>>bookcase into the desk where the drawers.
>>
>>===========
>>
>>>I haven't been able to do the dresser and staircase yet, still
>>>trying to
>>>figure that one out.
>>
>>Figured it out :)
>

> Tell us please!! I still can't do the dresser and staircase. Even with
> the move objects cheat I can't.
> The dresser will go into the staircase but it can't be seen. I don't
> know what I'm doing wrong.
>
> somebody

==
Well after rereading Barbara's post maybe I didn't after all. Mine will
go in at the end of the staircase, not the side. So that what you have
is half of the dresser in the staircase and half out. I kept trying to
put it into the side, but it will not go. Somehow Barbara has been able
to get it into the side. If I ever figure that one out I will let you
know.
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 7:01:45 PM

there is another cheat. I am not totally sure about its syntax - its either
"boolprop snaptogrid enabled true/false" or "boolprop snaptogrid on/off" or
maybe it is snapobjectstogrid ... anyhow - it gives you total freedom of
where to put objects (like you can center a TV with a 3tile couch)

"JulyRaine" <JulyRaine@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> somebody wrote:
>> "JulyRaine" <JulyRaine@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>===========

>>>Figured it out :)
>>

>> Tell us please!! I still can't do the dresser and staircase. Even with
>> the move objects cheat I can't.
>> The dresser will go into the staircase but it can't be seen. I don't know
>> what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>> somebody
> ==
> Well after rereading Barbara's post maybe I didn't after all. Mine will go
> in at the end of the staircase, not the side. So that what you have is
> half of the dresser in the staircase and half out. I kept trying to put
> it into the side, but it will not go. Somehow Barbara has been able to get
> it into the side. If I ever figure that one out I will let you know.
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 7:01:46 PM

chubchub wrote:
> there is another cheat. I am not totally sure about its syntax - its either
> "boolprop snaptogrid enabled true/false" or "boolprop snaptogrid on/off" or
> maybe it is snapobjectstogrid ... anyhow - it gives you total freedom of
> where to put objects (like you can center a TV with a 3tile couch)
>
> "JulyRaine" <JulyRaine@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>>somebody wrote:
>>
>>>"JulyRaine" <JulyRaine@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>Tell us please!! I still can't do the dresser and staircase. Even with
>>>the move objects cheat I can't.
>>>The dresser will go into the staircase but it can't be seen. I don't know
>>>what I'm doing wrong.
>>>
>>>somebody
>>
>>==
>>Well after rereading Barbara's post maybe I didn't after all. Mine will go
>>in at the end of the staircase, not the side. So that what you have is
>>half of the dresser in the staircase and half out. I kept trying to put
>>it into the side, but it will not go. Somehow Barbara has been able to get
>>it into the side. If I ever figure that one out I will let you know.

==
You are right, that is an awesome cheat! I do believe I tried that with
this and had no success.
Have you checked out the boolprop testcheatsenabled true? Now that is
an awesome cheat, it basically does everything SimEnhancer does.
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 3:02:23 PM

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:19:38 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Well after rereading Barbara's post maybe I didn't after all. Mine will
>go in at the end of the staircase, not the side. So that what you have
>is half of the dresser in the staircase and half out. I kept trying to
>put it into the side, but it will not go. Somehow Barbara has been able
>to get it into the side. If I ever figure that one out I will let you
>know.

I've just posted some pictures, crossposted to
alt.binaries.games.thesims and alt.binaries.games.the-sims-2. They
show placing the dresser in the side of the staircase in the default
Goth house, the dresser in place, and the dresser in use.

I used only the moveobjects cheat, and the objects are not hacked. I
was able to place the dresser in the staircase and have a Sim use it
ot change clothes. Because of the height of the dresser, one corner
sticks out into the stairs, but this didn't hinder use of the stairs
or the dresser. If you have free space on the other side of the
staircase, you can use the tansu dresser, or whatever it's called--the
"stepped" looking one--so that the highest side of the dresser is on
the high side of the staircase wall and the dresser doesn't stick out.

BW
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 11:17:55 PM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:19:38 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Well after rereading Barbara's post maybe I didn't after all. Mine will
>>go in at the end of the staircase, not the side. So that what you have
>>is half of the dresser in the staircase and half out. I kept trying to
>>put it into the side, but it will not go. Somehow Barbara has been able
>>to get it into the side. If I ever figure that one out I will let you
>>know.
>

> I've just posted some pictures, crossposted to
> alt.binaries.games.thesims and alt.binaries.games.the-sims-2. They
> show placing the dresser in the side of the staircase in the default
> Goth house, the dresser in place, and the dresser in use.
>
> I used only the moveobjects cheat, and the objects are not hacked. I
> was able to place the dresser in the staircase and have a Sim use it
> ot change clothes. Because of the height of the dresser, one corner
> sticks out into the stairs, but this didn't hinder use of the stairs
> or the dresser. If you have free space on the other side of the
> staircase, you can use the tansu dresser, or whatever it's called--the
> "stepped" looking one--so that the highest side of the dresser is on
> the high side of the staircase wall and the dresser doesn't stick out.
>
> BW
I can't get a binary, can you post them to your Sim's web page?
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 1:46:13 PM

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:17:55 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I can't get a binary, can you post them to your Sim's web page?

I haven't had a chance to do that, but chubchub replied in the
binaries NG and said it's possible because of the type of stairs
involved--the default stairs in the Goth house.

Here's chubchub's post:

>t depends on the kind of stairs you use. these particular ones have most of
>the "wall" on thei side set back a little, that is why you can place the
>dresser by only using the moveobjects cheat but not the snapobjects to grid.
>with any other stairs that have a plain side (that goes down without being
>inset), the dresser would disapear behind the stairs side... so you need the
>second cheat to pull the dresser out a little bit

BW
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 8:13:59 PM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:17:55 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>I can't get a binary, can you post them to your Sim's web page?
>

> I haven't had a chance to do that, but chubchub replied in the
> binaries NG and said it's possible because of the type of stairs
> involved--the default stairs in the Goth house.
>
> Here's chubchub's post:
>

>>t depends on the kind of stairs you use. these particular ones have most of
>>the "wall" on thei side set back a little, that is why you can place the
>>dresser by only using the moveobjects cheat but not the snapobjects to grid.
>>with any other stairs that have a plain side (that goes down without being
>>inset), the dresser would disapear behind the stairs side... so you need the
>>second cheat to pull the dresser out a little bit
>

> BW
==
Thanks Barbara :)  I went and was able to do it in the Goth house.
Mystery solved!
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 12:25:49 AM

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:13:59 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:17:55 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I can't get a binary, can you post them to your Sim's web page?
>>

>> I haven't had a chance to do that, but chubchub replied in the
>> binaries NG and said it's possible because of the type of stairs
>> involved--the default stairs in the Goth house.
>>
>> Here's chubchub's post:
>>

>>>t depends on the kind of stairs you use. these particular ones have most of
>>>the "wall" on thei side set back a little, that is why you can place the
>>>dresser by only using the moveobjects cheat but not the snapobjects to grid.
>>>with any other stairs that have a plain side (that goes down without being
>>>inset), the dresser would disapear behind the stairs side... so you need the
>>>second cheat to pull the dresser out a little bit

>Thanks Barbara :)  I went and was able to do it in the Goth house.
>Mystery solved!

Isn't it funny how we got stuck on these little things? I don't even
necessarily want to use the dressers that way, but I was determined to
figure out how it worked!

BW
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 5:46:55 PM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:13:59 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

>>>I haven't had a chance to do that, but chubchub replied in the
>>>binaries NG and said it's possible because of the type of stairs
>>>involved--the default stairs in the Goth house.
>>>
>>>Here's chubchub's post:

>>Thanks Barbara :)  I went and was able to do it in the Goth house.
>>Mystery solved!
>

> Isn't it funny how we got stuck on these little things? I don't even
> necessarily want to use the dressers that way, but I was determined to
> figure out how it worked!
>
> BW
==
Oh my gosh I am the same way...it just bugs me until I can figure
something out ;)
!