no network adaptors available in device manager

Hi, I have just upgraded my desktop from W98 to XP and I am
unable to find my adsl modem. Its saying 'device missing'.
I had some technical support from BTBroadband which went as
far as looking in system devices and they asked me to
locate network adaptors which I couldnt. They referred me
to Microsoft. Can anyone help please?
Thank you

It sounds like you are missing drivers for your modem or ethernet adapter.
You should contact your computer manufacturer (or download drivers for your
devices yourself).

--
Please reply in newsgroup.