no network adaptors available in device manager

Hi, I have just upgraded my desktop from W98 to XP and I am
unable to find my adsl modem. Its saying 'device missing'.
I had some technical support from BTBroadband which went as
far as looking in system devices and they asked me to
locate network adaptors which I couldnt. They referred me
to Microsoft. Can anyone help please?
Thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about network adaptors device manager

    It sounds like you are missing drivers for your modem or ethernet adapter.
    You should contact your computer manufacturer (or download drivers for your
    devices yourself).

    --
    Please reply in newsgroup.

    "Bluemin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have just upgraded my desktop from W98 to XP and I am
    > unable to find my adsl modem. Its saying 'device missing'.
    > I had some technical support from BTBroadband which went as
    > far as looking in system devices and they asked me to
    > locate network adaptors which I couldnt. They referred me
    > to Microsoft. Can anyone help please?
    > Thank you

Configuration Device Manager Microsoft Windows XP