Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Appropriate cooling for i7 3770k

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
May 7, 2012 10:07:16 PM

I heard that the ivy bridge is awful hot, and i will be running the i7 3770k for 24/7 non stop. and I'm wonder which liquid radiator or heatsink will be appropriate for this situation.

More about : cooling 3770k

May 7, 2012 11:10:36 PM

Xtremegey said:
I heard that the ivy bridge is awful hot, and i will be running the i7 3770k for 24/7 non stop. and I'm wonder which liquid radiator or heatsink will be appropriate for this situation.


Ivy is awful hot compared to sandybridge if you're planning to have it OC'ed. If at stock, heating shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as you have a good 3rd party cooler.
May 7, 2012 11:44:32 PM

If you're looking into closed-circuit water cooler, Intel has it's own solution which I can tell you from experience is identical to the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. That in turn is similar in performance to the Corsair H70 I believe, the H80 being slightly better and the H100 being the ultimate in pre-built, closed-circuit water cooling solutions but only fits in a handful of cases.

In a heatsink-air solution I read that the very best still are the Noctua D-14 and Phanteks PH-TC14PE. Both are massive though, and quite expensive. Again, will not fit in most cases that are 20cm in width or less.

I myself am looking for a smaller-factor, more moderately priced solution but if you're looking for the best in CPUs, my thoughts would be, better not skimp on the best cooling or a good case like the HAF X or similar (which ironically I love to build almost as much as I hate its' looks!!!)
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6653
Related resources
May 8, 2012 12:28:19 AM

keeperos said:
If you're looking into closed-circuit water cooler, Intel has it's own solution which I can tell you from experience is identical to the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. That in turn is similar in performance to the Corsair H70 I believe, the H80 being slightly better and the H100 being the ultimate in pre-built, closed-circuit water cooling solutions but only fits in a handful of cases.

In a heatsink-air solution I read that the very best still are the Noctua D-14 and Phanteks PH-TC14PE. Both are massive though, and quite expensive. Again, will not fit in most cases that are 20cm in width or less.

I myself am looking for a smaller-factor, more moderately priced solution but if you're looking for the best in CPUs, my thoughts would be, better not skimp on the best cooling or a good case like the HAF X or similar (which ironically I love to build almost as much as I hate its' looks!!!)
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6653

right now i have a haf 912 from Cooler Master it isn't that bad. but for the new build i will be using a Zalman z11 plus
May 8, 2012 12:31:33 AM

Yes, the 912 isn't bad but the Zalman looks bad-ass. Didn't know of it before, niice!
May 8, 2012 12:40:43 AM

corsair h100,antec khuler 620, h80
noctua nh-d14 and the noctua hamburget cooler, cm hyper 212 plus or evo, silverarrow are all pretty much good coolers for air
May 8, 2012 12:43:22 AM

Tavo_Nova said:
corsair h100,antec khuler 620, h80
noctua nh-d14 and the noctua hamburget cooler, cm hyper 212 plus or evo, silverarrow are all pretty much good coolers for air

what is the temp for ur i7 xtreme with the noctua nh d14? whats the clock speed
!