E7500 on a Foxconn 945G7AD

k64mal

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
What are the risks or chances of a E7500 working on a Foxconn 945G7AD? It's not on the compatibility list at the FoxConn site. Most of the older Intel proccessors have disappeared around here and almost none of them come close to 3Ghz. I need the speed to play 1080P videos. Yes I know about vid card acceleration but my player of choice, VLC, doesn't utilize those extra's yet.

Anyway, the E7500 is meant to work with a 1066mhz bus which the 945G7AD supports.

So is it suicide? Will I burn up the chip trying? Or maybe even though it isn't officially supported it will run nevertheless?

I also checked on an updated bios but there doesn't seem to be any.

Anybody care to weigh in? The E7500 goes for around $110 in these parts.

Thanks.

k64mal

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
batuchka, I appreciate the quick reply baut as you may recall from my post VLC and in particular the x264 codec it uses can't make use of the HD acceleration in AMD or Nvidia cards. I have a HD 4670 myself and 1080P content plays just as bad on it as it does on the imbedded graphics of my motherboard.

Everything I've read on the VLC and VCDHelp boards indicate the only way to get 1080P to play reliably is to have a 3ghz or better CPU.

I recently fried(long story)the P-4 2.8ghz proccessor that I was using on this mobo. So I've been planning to replace it for a while. Was wondering if trying the E7500 was a totally stupid idea or not.

Anybody got any ideas? Maybe know somebody at FoxConn who could make an unofficial guess?

k64mal

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
What player are you recommending? Hopefully free? I've tried DviX, Media Player Classic and Home Cinema. I've even tried Splash Lite. All of them bog down on 1080P. Some claim to be multithreaded or to use the advanced abilities of ATI cards but the result is still the same. Either stuttering, artifact filled picture or progressively more and more out of sync audio.

Is there no one else out there that could say something about my original question?

k64mal

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
How about a different angle. Is there anyone out there playing 1080P Matroska files with a 2ghz dual core? If so what player do you use?

k64mal

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Look batuchka, I apreciate your trying to help. But your not. I checked out the link you gave but it only works on some files. The only sure fire fix I have read about is using a 3ghz + processor.

Anybody else care to weigh in on my original question?