Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel ucpu code error

Last response: in Motherboards
June 7, 2010 5:40:21 PM

OK, I have a ASUS P5GDC-V and I got a P4 640 CPU for free, my problem is I get "intel ucpu code error, press F1 to continue" message during POST every time. I have flashed the BIOS in steps up to ver. 1009, I'v had a problem trying to flash the BIOS with 1010 and 1011. Anyone have any help they can give? I put money in the bank as a Computer Tech, so I kinda have an Idea of what I'm doing. The only thing I can think of is, I need the BIOS ver. 1010 or 1011 to fix the error but every download, (Global and China) from ASUS website for the two .ROM file will not flash successfully. PS. I'm flashing via the (ALT-F2) method. Thanks for any help.

More about : intel ucpu code error

a b V Motherboard
June 7, 2010 6:13:35 PM

It's an AMI BIOS? I would try the flash utility from a bootable USB /CD or floppy. From what I can see it looks as thoug version 1007 should have done the trick.
m
l
June 7, 2010 7:42:35 PM

I was kinda hopping updating the BIOS to 1009 would do the job. I don't have an O/S loaded right now, in fact the board is just sitting on the counter/anit-static bag. I'll load an O/S and try to flash it from windows think it's AMI BIOS but would have to look when I get home to make sure. Thanks
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
June 7, 2010 10:55:02 PM

No need to put windows on it. Just create a bootable disk of some sort and put the flash utility and the BIOS rom file on it and run it from the command prompt. You need to download the AMI flash utility.

http://www.ami.com/support/downloads/amiflash.zip

I checked the CPU support for that board (they only list a p5GDC-V Deluxe) but it specifically says that to run that CPU you need 1007 (or later). So not sure. If your BIOS rev. is saying 1009 at this point it should work.
June 7, 2010 11:15:47 PM

canadian69 said:
No need to put windows on it. Just create a bootable disk of some sort and put the flash utility and the BIOS rom file on it and run it from the command prompt. You need to download the AMI flash utility.

http://www.ami.com/support/downloads/amiflash.zip

I checked the CPU support for that board (they only list a p5GDC-V Deluxe) but it specifically says that to run that CPU you need 1007 (or later). So not sure. If your BIOS rev. is saying 1009 at this point it should work.

Ya, I thought it would have been good to go too. One thing I didn't think of, I can cur mini XP off the Hiren's disk, or Bart's as some know it as. My boss is perplexed also, so I don't feel too bad. Hey, thanks neighbor to the north, I think I'll just keep trying or deal with it when I have to reboot. Hopefully I won't have to reboot too often as it's going to be put into service as a WHS. Thanks for the link, I think you'll get the star.
m
l
June 7, 2010 11:18:20 PM

Best answer selected by scooter69.
m
l
!