Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Manually Setting up Bios-Need Help! Ai Tweaker/Memory Help

Last response: in Motherboards
June 7, 2010 6:05:37 PM

Hello Community!
I finally built my first computer and I made this thread so I can receive some feedback. BUT! The main reason I made this thread was to ask for some bios settings and help with a few other minor problems. First please take a look at these screen shots of my temperatures and bios. I also do not plan on overclocking. I am on Windows 7 64 bit.
Bios Settings

Temperatures

Why is my memory at 1333MHZ when I clearly bought DDR3-1600mhz?

A few more questions:

In my computer properties, why does it say this under memory "4.00 GB (2.99 GB usable)"?

Why does my CPU-z show my core speed is 1.2mhz? I thought the i5 was 2.66mhz.

If you were in my place what would you do in bios? :D 
June 7, 2010 6:37:12 PM

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :) 
m
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2010 12:49:37 PM

You should have set Ai Overclock Tuner to D.O.C.P. ( You set it to manual. Manual does not define a profile for your RAM. ) because Intel i5-750 CPU cannot support 1600 MHz RAM natively. Therefore, you must set Ai OC Tuner to D.O.C.P.

Since your RAM is XMP ready, you can try XMP setting instead of D.O.C.P.

After trying both settings, then you can choose one which works the way you like most.

CPU-Z shows the current clock speed because your PC is at idle state. When you enable Intel SpeedStep ( which comes enabled by default), the clock speed drops. When your PC needs speed it increases. Please do not worry.

Please also check in BIOS\Advanced\Uncore Configuration\Memory Remap Feature is enabled. This may make full RAM available. Sometimes gfx card uses part of the RAM, which becomes unavailable to Windows.

Hope this helps.
Related resources
June 8, 2010 5:12:16 PM

Best answer selected by VoRizon.
m
l
June 8, 2010 5:16:42 PM

You need to check what your pc uses by what all your start up programs and such are using and should set ai to xmp profile because your memory is more than what your board supports normally. Also what board do you have. And if you have C1e and the other power saving optins turned on it drop voltage to save you $ when the cpu isn't calling for juice.
Also I would set cpu voltage to absolute vid so you know exactly what voltage your cpu is getting. Because at stock speed you voltage should be around .98 or so Asus boards over volt to start with but if you change voltage you need to test stability with Prime95. In your bios when you hi light a voltage on the right it tells you the min and max I would put all of them to min. and test stability and if it is not stable bump up voltages in very small increments until it is stable.
m
l
June 8, 2010 9:34:35 PM

BorNej said:
You need to check what your pc uses by what all your start up programs and such are using and should set ai to xmp profile because your memory is more than what your board supports normally. Also what board do you have. And if you have C1e and the other power saving optins turned on it drop voltage to save you $ when the cpu isn't calling for juice.
Also I would set cpu voltage to absolute vid so you know exactly what voltage your cpu is getting. Because at stock speed you voltage should be around .98 or so Asus boards over volt to start with but if you change voltage you need to test stability with Prime95. In your bios when you hi light a voltage on the right it tells you the min and max I would put all of them to min. and test stability and if it is not stable bump up voltages in very small increments until it is stable.

I just put my voltages on auto is that good? lol
m
l
June 10, 2010 1:19:18 AM

Really it depends on what you are trying to achieve. I personally lowered all my voltages to min. and adjusted them according to my needs as far as overclock and such. That way I lowered my temps in certain areas. Like I said Asus boards often use more voltage than necessary to run components cooler and stable. I have a Rampage II Gene vcore1.10 qpi 1.35v and dram 1.64v all the rest are set to the min. value. My I7 920 DO runs at 3.6ghz 24/7 and my 2000mhz mem. runs at 1804mhz 9/9/9/24/88/2T . When I change my bsclock and go for 4.0ghz then my ram will run at rated speed or slightly above that and I will adjust voltage accordingly.
m
l
!