New motherboard cannot re-install windows to my old Hard drive.

stellarbeast

Honorable
May 22, 2012
I installed new motherboard M5A97, with a new processor, DVD ROM, power supply and ram. Using my old hard drive I attempt to boot with windows disk with the intent to reformat my hard drive and re-install windows. This is what I get "This computer is already in the process of being upgrade to microsoft windows. what do you want to do? The options are " To continue the current upgrade, press ENTER. To cancel the current upgrade and install new version of Microsoft Windows, press F10, To Exit setup without installing Microsoft Windows, press F3. 2 options lead me to the bsod and one restarts the pc and puts me back to the same place. I put in a Vista disc to see what happens and it ask me to install as normal but I need xp to install and run for now. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated thank you.

I've never heard of such a thing, but I can make a suggestion. If the problem is that it sees the installation on the disk and misbehaves, get a friend to cut you a CD with a free disk management utility, such as EASEUS Partition Manager, and format the drive with that.

It is an odd problem; I would think that the installation would _always_ give you the option to do a clean install.