Hitachi CML174 on greys...

jchedley

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
i work as an animator, and use predominantly 'grey' programs - maya, softimage etc... they all have a colour scheme based around grey (boring but very functional). the tft's ive used for these programs blur like crazy on the grey backgrounds specifically. so what im asking is, does this new hitatchi and upcoming similiarly specced screens have any issues showing greys, and their pixel response times??

changing from greys to white/black has always been a problem for these screens in the past - is it all over???

many thanks,
john.

bobmitch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2002
None that I can see! This monitor does all colors fast. Never any blurring or ghosting. Most monitors have problems with black and white response. The 16ms response time really helps with that.

Bob

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
U are in a specialized field that needs optimal color precision etc (I am too am in graphics). Wait for some more lcd's to come. I bet u the CML will ghost w/ the greys.

Kentucky: 15 million people, 5 last names....

jchedley

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
as i understood it, things wont get much faster than 16ms (60hz)... or is it a different story for halftones like greys?? maybe they operate slower than going full spectrum from black->white and visa-versa.

hmm they should hurry up with this :)