remote access connection manager problem

My PC is slow to startup. The desktop loads, but I can't
open programs until I wait 2 minutes.
After an hour of troubleshooting, I found that
the "remote access connection manager" service is what
does that.

When I disable it, the computer starts fine. But of
course, without the ""remote access connection manager" I
can't connect to the Internet.

Any way to fix that or any known issues with that?
1 answer Last reply
More about remote access connection manager problem

    Please see this Knowledge Base article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829779&SD=MSKB&

    --
    Please reply in newsgroup.

    "Sirkowski" <sirkowski@missdynamite.com> wrote in message
    > My PC is slow to startup. The desktop loads, but I can't
    > open programs until I wait 2 minutes.
    > After an hour of troubleshooting, I found that
    > the "remote access connection manager" service is what
    > does that.
    >
    > When I disable it, the computer starts fine. But of
    > course, without the ""remote access connection manager" I
    > can't connect to the Internet.
    >
    > Any way to fix that or any known issues with that?

Configuration Remote Access Connection Windows XP