Media Player won't stop showing subtitles

This just started today. I have XP Pro, SP2. I had Media Player 9 installed
and it started to show subtitles below the video when playing a DVD. I have
checked Play/Captions and Subtitles and it is set to Off. I upgraded to
Media Player 10 and it is doing the same thing. How can I get rid of the
subtitles? Also, Media Player shows "Unknown DVD" when I play any
store-bought DVD. Thanks for any advice.
1 answer Last reply
More about media player stop showing subtitles

    You may want to check with the microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player
    newsgroup for assistance on this issue.

    --
    Please reply in newsgroup.

    "smtjs" <smtjs1remove@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > This just started today. I have XP Pro, SP2. I had Media Player 9
    > installed and it started to show subtitles below the video when playing a
    > DVD. I have checked Play/Captions and Subtitles and it is set to Off. I
    > upgraded to Media Player 10 and it is doing the same thing. How can I get
    > rid of the subtitles? Also, Media Player shows "Unknown DVD" when I play
    > any store-bought DVD. Thanks for any advice.

Configuration DVD Media Player Windows XP