Can't get into BIOS?

nautica17

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
Hello everyone. I just assembled my PC, and I can't seem to get into BIOS, let alone almost anything. When I boot, I get this nice green ASUS screen, and on the bottom I have two options: "DEL to run setup" and "TAB to display BIOS POST Message." Which ever option I press, I get into this American Megatrends screen. Now, it tells me what hard-drive, and DVD drives I have, and it has two options: "F8 for BBS Setup" and "ALT-F2 to execute ASUS EZ Flash 2." And when I press any of the corresponding keys, nothing happens. Only a little message gets changed "Boot selection Popup menu has been selected." Similar thing for the ALT-F2 option happens. And then the screen stays the same. Any key you press, nothing happens.

My motherboard: Asus M4A78-EM
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 620

Can someone help me out? Perhaps I am overlooking something. It's my first build too.. although I figured getting into BIOS would a be a little easier than this. :(

nautica17

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
Well, I went today to the store and I just returned the motherboard and CPU and got completely different ones. Now my PC works great. I got a Gigabyte motherboard and Intel processor. :) Turns out the old motherboard was busted and that Asus have been having problems lately.

matta85

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
This exact same thing happened to me with an Asus m4a88td-v evo usb3 mobo. Don't get into BIOS setup, whatever I try. I'll send it back today and ordered a new one. Hopefully this will work, if not I don't buy Asus anymore. It is a pain in the ass assembling the whole computer to find out that it doesn't work, deassemble and then ship it back. To much hustle you ask me! :(