Need some help! I have a OC'd i7930 that was done by my friend. I recently formatted my SSD but didn't touch the BIOS and I got a EVGA GTX680.
I have a few questions:
1) How do I test my CPU speed? please recommend a program or programs needed.
2) How does CPU speed really work? If its at 4.0ghz during stress test, does it always run at 4.0ghz or only when needed?
3) How does the computer know when to push the CPU to the max speed when needed? -how do I check or turn off/on
4) How do I check the GPU to ensure that its working at its optimal
5) Should I be performing a stress test on the GPU?
6) If so. please recommend program or programs needed.
My system is as follows:
Motherboard: Asus P6X58D-E
CPU: i7 930 LGA1366
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D14
SSD: Intel X25-M 80gig
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200rpm
GPU: EVGA GTX680
RAM: Corsair XMS3 Classic 6GB DDR3 1600 MHz
PSU: Corsair 750TXw
Case: Antec 1200
Windows 7 Home 64bit