Sign in with
Your question

How to check revision model without opening retail packaging????

Last response: in Motherboards
June 8, 2010 12:04:40 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering if it's possible to check a Gigabyte motherboard revision model without opening the retail packaging. It's not a big deal but I can't help myself since I'm on a budget; I'm trying to get the best for my money.

Apparently, there are two versions of the Gigabte GA-890GPA-UD3H 1.0 and 2.0.

I called the store and they said there are ONLY two ways of checking.
1) Checking the print on the actual motherboard
2) Checking during system boot up.

are there possible alternatives for checking??? >_<

Coffee

PS: I'm planning to buy the motherboard from This Website
a c 295 V Motherboard
June 8, 2010 2:19:35 PM

Hi.

Those are the only two ways for check the version of the mobo, the version don't comes printer in the case of the mobo.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 8, 2010 6:19:23 PM

BorNej said:
In the link you sent it has a link to go to the Manufacturer's web site and on there it says rev.1 if I helped please select best answer for my post.
http://www.giga-byte.ca/Products/Motherboard/Products_O... this is the link it sent me to. but check in this link for more info. Meaning click on rev.2 link

That is possibly the rudest comment I've ever read; not only did you not understand the original poster's question. You also ASKED for "Best Answer"? This is appalling. Tom's hardware is about helping people in need, not because you want "Best Answer". This is just sad.....
a c 295 V Motherboard
June 8, 2010 6:26:28 PM

^+1.

This forum is for help another persons not for see who have more best answer.
June 8, 2010 8:12:04 PM

SORRY I didn't mean to offend and I really was just trying to help. Again my apologies.
a c 77 V Motherboard
June 8, 2010 10:18:26 PM

You could call the store and see if they'll check the revision for you. I don't know if a website would be able to do that or not. They shouldn't have a problem as long as they don't have to open the anti-static bag. The revision number is printed on the lower left corner as it would sit in a computer case. It should be right next to the lower left mounting hole in the board. It will either say REV:1.0 or REV:2.0.
June 9, 2010 4:50:18 AM

Thanks so much guys!!! I just checked for a offical GA-890GPA-UD3H unboxing review on youtube and the box
IS unsealed :D  :D 

Coffee
February 9, 2013 12:31:38 PM

Hello,

I ordered the GA-Z77MX-D3H motherboard rev. 1.1 at www.zercom.eu. I went to the store to pick up my order. On the label on the motherboard case the revision is printed. It was revision 1.0. So I asked what the difference is. They told me the only difference is the BIOS version, and offered to flash the motherboard to the revision 1.1. I accepted the offer but I have I am not sure if this is the only difference.

I compared the specifications on the Gigabyte website. The only difference I found was:
Rev. 1.1: Whether PCI Express 3.0 is supported depends on CPU and graphics card compatibility.
Rev. 1.0: The PCI Express x16 slo support up to PCI Express 2.0 standard when an Intel 32nm (Sandy Bridge) CPU is installed.

Kind Regards,

Jacques
April 9, 2014 4:35:12 PM

If you stand the motherboard horizontally so that its name is upright then the version or Rev XX is found on the top left corner (at least for some Gigabyte motherboards of course).
!