Crosshair III PCI-E slot Question

amdenthusiast

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
I have a Crosshair III formula and the the current card supplied by asus doesn't work for me. No windows 7 compatibility. :(
And I'm getting a SB X-Fi Titanium for a very good price.
So the question is will that creative card work in the black PCI-E slot?? or that black slot is for only that cheap card??
Due to CrossfireX both of the white PCI-E card get used up. But then I still have a PCI slot left(usable) but I've heard and faced that the PCI versions of creative have great issues with Win 7.
What to do?

Solution
The SB X-Fi specs says that is PCI-E 1x, so, should work in the black or both white lines of ur mobo.

Ohhh righ like ASUS support:

Thanks for contact with ASUS support,

The SB X-Fi that u want buy is PCI-E x1 and the Crosshair III have 3 slots that meets that requirements,so u won't have any problem installing that card in the mobo.

Thanks for contacting with the ASUS support and have a nice day. :lol:

amdenthusiast

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Hey....
See i'll be going for this one

http://in.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=872&product=17927&listby=

It's PCI-E

Can you please confirm somehow??
I tried calling Asus but there was no response.
For mental satisfaction can you please confirm this thing from Asus??
It will be a great help.

The SB X-Fi specs says that is PCI-E 1x, so, should work in the black or both white lines of ur mobo.

Ohhh righ like ASUS support:

Thanks for contact with ASUS support,

The SB X-Fi that u want buy is PCI-E x1 and the Crosshair III have 3 slots that meets that requirements,so u won't have any problem installing that card in the mobo.

Thanks for contacting with the ASUS support and have a nice day. :lol:

Solution