How to position my antec kuhler h20 920 in my Antec 1200 case

davedavidson1987

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
From all the pictures i have seen of the radiator and fans mounted in the case, they appear to be mounted on the rear exhaust fans. I was just wondering if it was possible to mount the radiator and fans onto the top 200mm exhaust fan of my antec 1200 case, and if so will i be losing any performance????

If I'm not mistaken, the Anten H2O 920 has 2x120mm fans included with a larger radiator than mine. The fans screws mount into the radiator, so 200mm won't work.

You would set this up in a push/pull configuration. Rear Case|<-Fan|Radiator|<-Fan.

I know the recommended set up in to blow fresh air into the case thru the radiator, but many people advise against that! Set it up to blow air out of the case. With your case, the air is not going to be hot.

davedavidson1987

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

apparently though the antec 1200 has compatible screw holes on the 200mm fan to mount other fans on it.

Ah, then you could mount it to the top, but keep the push/pull configuration, just exhausting of the case.

It isn't gonna make a huge difference in temps. Air flow is airflow, whether it's up or sideways.

I think mounting it to the back the the case is easier.

Now, if you had a Corsair H100 with the huge radiator, then I'd top mount.