Sims 2 Modding Information Database : TestingCheats

Last response: in Video Games
December 11, 2004 12:43:51 PM

This is from http://www.modthesims2.com

One of my all time favorites

Sims 2 Modding Information Database : TestingCheats
DISCLAIMER
Nothing stated here is supported whatsoever in an official capacity by
Maxis. Everything is use at your own risk. Please take the necessary
precautions such as backing up your data.

You can enable test/debug/hidden interactions on any object (including
sims) without any hacks. In fact, I recommend you get rid of any hacked
objects that just show these test/debug/hidden interactions. As well,
you can have access to some testing cheats that shipped with the game,
Create-A-Sim debug mode, etc. Here's how:

From the cheat console, type: boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

RMB = Right Mouse Button Click
LMB = Left Mouse Button Click

This enables the following:

Ability to enter CAS Debug mode. Click on the zoom buttons (or in that
area), press SHIFT+N to enable, SHIFT+M to disable. Do this before
creating the first sim.
See hidden skintones (right now, only Alien and Mannequin).
See hidden skins (Social Bunny, Fire Fighter, Llama Mascot, etc.)
SHIFT+RMB click on any sim bin sim to show info on the outfit.
See special tooltip text on skins.
Debug interactions on all objects. Press SHIFT+LMB click on any object.
On a sim it will allow you to spawn items like the Tombstone of L(ife)
and D(eath), Rodney's Death Creator, etc.
Tombstone of L and D can spawn new characters, create babies, etc.
Rodney's Death Creator can kill a sim through many means and have the
ghost reflect that (i.e. death by fire, drowning, electrocution, etc.).
Etc.
Creates OETreeDelete.xls data file used for debugging (used to
determine what objects were automatically deleted by the Simulator
because of an error).
Object Error dialogs will show up and dump files will be created.
Can manually change sim's interests by clicking on the interest bars.
Can manually change sim's skills by clicking on the skill bars.
Can manually change sim's motives by clicking on the motive bars.
Can manually change sim's personality traits by clicking on the
personality trait bars.
Can manually change sim's relationship values with other sims by
clicking on the short-term and long-term bars.
Can manually refresh wants by CTRL+LMB click on the aspiration icon.
Can mark want/fear as achieved by CTRL+LMB click on any want/fear icon.
And more...

NOTE
If the you decide to put this line in your My Documents\EA Games\The
Sims 2\Config\userStartup.cheat file, it has the following effects:

Will attempt upload the your machine configuration to a Maxis internal
server.
Enables more debugging cheats (can be shown by typing "help" at the
cheat console)
Have fun

Ranbir
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 8:36:59 PM

Ranbir Kaur wrote:
> [...]
> Can manually change sim's skills by clicking on the skill bars.
> Can manually change sim's motives by clicking on the motive bars.
> Can manually change sim's personality traits by clicking on the
> personality trait bars.
> Can manually change sim's relationship values with other sims by
> clicking on the short-term and long-term bars.
> Can manually refresh wants by CTRL+LMB click on the aspiration icon.
> Can mark want/fear as achieved by CTRL+LMB click on any want/fear icon.
> And more...
>

> NOTE
> If the you decide to put this line in your My Documents\EA Games\The
> Sims 2\Config\userStartup.cheat file, it has the following effects:
>
> Will attempt upload the your machine configuration to a Maxis internal
> server.
> Enables more debugging cheats (can be shown by typing "help" at the

====
Mine too! In my game I have to do it in the neighborhood to be able to
manually change the bars, or if I enter it in the home I then need to
exit to the neighborhood and then come back.
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 9:39:21 PM

This helped immensely !
Thanks so much !