NZXT Sentry-2 fan controller

Solution
I have one, it's great except for a few things.

Cons: I'd rather see rpm then % but not sure if it has the right connectors for that (can never remember if its the 3pin or 4pin) and it doesn't let you turn a fan below 40%, it just turns off instead which is abit annoying but for all I know that might be something to do with a minimum voltage the fans need. The cables have the molex adapter inline before the 3pin, which means I can't just cut off the molex's to reduce clutter (could possibly re-wire but I'm no electrician). 5 channels is ok for a standard air cooled case, but if your putting water cooling in then you might find yourself either piggy-backing connections to get all your fans on it (this is in regards to tripple rads with...

benikens

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
I have one, it's great except for a few things.

Cons: I'd rather see rpm then % but not sure if it has the right connectors for that (can never remember if its the 3pin or 4pin) and it doesn't let you turn a fan below 40%, it just turns off instead which is abit annoying but for all I know that might be something to do with a minimum voltage the fans need. The cables have the molex adapter inline before the 3pin, which means I can't just cut off the molex's to reduce clutter (could possibly re-wire but I'm no electrician). 5 channels is ok for a standard air cooled case, but if your putting water cooling in then you might find yourself either piggy-backing connections to get all your fans on it (this is in regards to tripple rads with 6 fans push/pull and multi rad loops)

Pros: It only takes up 1 slot and is short enough you could possibly mount it infront of say a radiator or something. It has temperature probs for each fan and can be set to adjust the fans speed based on them. It makes your PC look cool and is usually one of the first things people ask me about my PC at a LAN.

My overall opinion is it's a good controller for a decent price, though next time I might spend a little more to get something with more channels.

Solution

xBUNx

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

I have look at some reviews and some people is starts fires, did you have any problems of that? This is my first build and I dont want it going up in flames ;P

benikens

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
So far it is yet to ignite my PC, I just googled it and found a case where someone had it catch on fire but it doesn't seem to be a common problem. I have all my channels populated with high performance fans and never had smoke/fire issues so I think if it was going to light up it probably would've happened by now. In the case that it did I'd hope to hell NZXT would cover damages though I don't remember how much warranty is on them.