HD monitor resolution issues??

goodlockin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Hi guys i have just recently purchased a 24" dell widescreen full hd monitor. but when i installed it and turned the res up i caused these black borders around the desktop where the screen hadnt stretched to. i dont know why this happens. i read some earlier posts on how i might fix this problem by changing the refesh rate or swapping the cables from hdmi to vga, but these options didnt work and i was still left with this border issue. i am running a 1GB ATI HD4890 GPU so i would of thought it would run quite well on the monitor but the border problem still persists.

At the moment im running my monitor at 1280x1024 res which is the only res that fits the whole screen without the borders. but it makes the text blury and stretches everything making it look uncomfertable to watch. there must be an easy explination for this but my knowlege on the matter is minimal so bare with me when im trying to understand your points if i dont get them straight away.

Please let me me know guys and glas if you can help me with this most irritating problem.

Thanks Goodlockin

goodlockin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
if any of you are having the same problem and have an ati card preferbly a hd series card, go to the catalyst control centre and set you monitor to the highest res...in doing so you should have a black border. now to fix it go to desktops and displays then right click the small monitor icon at the bottom left corner which should be your monitor, go to configure and then go to scaling option...if you pull the bar to the highest you should see your screen widen and fill your monitor and it gets rid of those borders.