Fail to boot up Windows 7!

fr0stymang0

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
Hello,

So what happened was yesterday AVG detected a virus on my computer and asked if I wanted to get rid of it. I clicked remove or whatever it was and forgot about it. However, every 2-3 minutes it mentioned another virus needed removal on my computer. I ran a scan twice and said it was clean.

So I thought about trying to use a different antivirus program. I downloaded MSE and ran a scan. It detected some kind of trojan virus so I removed it and was glad thinking that this was the hidden problem. MSE told me to restart the computer to finish the clean up or whatnot, so I restarted the computer.

However, now when my computer is loading, I'll reach the first Windows 7 screen showing the symbol, then my computer will automatically restart. As if I clicked the reset button. I tried using the startup repair but it could not fix the problem. I also tried the restore windows at a earlier point, but the computer still faills to reach the desktop. I read somewhere that I should try to access the desktop in safemode, but the same "reset" problem occurs when I try to make it to safemode.

Please if anyone could help me fix this problem I would greatly appreciate it. I did not delete AVG so I had 2 antivirus programs (AVG and MSE), and someone told me that could be the problem and to delete 1 of the antivirus programs, but I cant even get to the desktop to do so. I have windows 7 64-bit. Prior to this, the computer was working fine. I was thinking of reformatting the computer but I rather not lose everything I have on the computer unless its the only option left. Thanks in advance for your help!