Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Recovery corrupted file from external hard disk

Last response: in Storage
October 30, 2011 4:20:52 PM

Hello,
Could anyone give me some advice on repairing or recovering data from a HDD external hard drive. I pulled out the USB while transferring some files into it and now when i plug the usb of the external hard drive into the computer it says its corrupted or unreadable, and i get an option to format it, but i dont wanna lose the data in the hard drive. Also, i cant seem to safely remove the hard drive, it says the drive is in use. what should I do? is there any data recovery or repair program i can get?
October 30, 2011 5:34:45 PM

senthilraja said:
Hello,
Could anyone give me some advice on repairing or recovering data from a HDD external hard drive. I pulled out the USB while transferring some files into it and now when i plug the usb of the external hard drive into the computer it says its corrupted or unreadable, and i get an option to format it, but i dont wanna lose the data in the hard drive. Also, i cant seem to safely remove the hard drive, it says the drive is in use. what should I do? is there any data recovery or repair program i can get?

try error checking on the ext hdd. right click on the drive from 'my computer' > 'properties' > 'tools' > click 'check now'.
you can restart your pc and reconnect the ext hdd.
piriform's recuva is a free data recovery program.
Score
November 1, 2011 6:55:19 AM

Data loss due to hard drive crashes or other logical errors may happen. Be prepared for the worst with the best. Use Kernel for Windows Disk Recovery and be assured of your data even if the partitions are lost. Kernel is competent to recover files from any windows file system.
Score
May 2, 2012 2:13:02 PM

Please verify 2 things 1) If the storage device shows up in my computer and is accessible 2) If the storage device shows up in Disk Management but is in the "unallocated" state.

Does the drive show up in my computer

If yes are you able to access it? If no why not? what is the error message given.

Does the drive show up in disk management?

If the drive shows up in disk management but it says "unallocated" then the partition will have to be recovered.

Data Recovery uses specialized hardware-based data recovery tools, coupled with years of experience, to recover data from dead and dying hard drives -- | handsofsupport.com
Score
!