5040 unit overload

I was away for a few weeks and my 5040 locked up I think due to my directtv
cancellation and could not reset it. I also think that the hard drive is
filled up to capacity. I cannot get the "please wait screen" off

I have tried reset codes to no avail.

do I need to put a new image on the hd to get it back working?

Thanks.

---
More about 5040 unit overload

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:59:46 -0500, "Mango Masher" <Mango@hachoo.com>
    wrote:

    >I was away for a few weeks and my 5040 locked up I think due to my directtv
    >cancellation and could not reset it. I also think that the hard drive is
    >filled up to capacity. I cannot get the "please wait screen" off
    >
    >I have tried reset codes to no avail.
    >
    >do I need to put a new image on the hd to get it back working?
    >
    >Thanks.

    DTV cancellation would not do it, you'd just get a lot of "Call 711"
    (or similar) messages instead of the shows you expected.

    I don't know about the disk full problem, I always transfer shows to a
    PC or delete them.

    >---

    This is not mail, and it is now spam-free too.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    http://go.to/notstupid

    Mango Masher wrote:

    > I was away for a few weeks and my 5040 locked up I think due to my directtv
    > cancellation and could not reset it. I also think that the hard drive is
    > filled up to capacity. I cannot get the "please wait screen" off
    >
    > I have tried reset codes to no avail.
    >
    > do I need to put a new image on the hd to get it back working?
    >
    > Thanks.

    If it were caused by "disk full", reset would wipe the disk. At the very
    least the drive is corrupted (which can happen by filling it). Take it
    out and use Maxtor's Powermax to low-level format (re-cerify) the drive.
    If it passes this test, re-image. If later it happens again, the drive
    is "growing" bad spots and needs to be replaced. It will probably be
    still under Maxtor's warranty. So upgrade the Replay and use the
    warranty replacement in a PC.

    My 5040 was stuck in the same place..("Please Wait")
    Do you have a network cable connected to it?
    If you DO, disconnect the net cable from the replay and
    re-boot. that fixed mine.

    Mike Kamerman
    kamerman@usa.net

    "Mango Masher" <Mango@hachoo.com> wrote in message
    > I was away for a few weeks and my 5040 locked up I think due to my
    directtv
    > cancellation and could not reset it. I also think that the hard drive is
    > filled up to capacity. I cannot get the "please wait screen" off
    >
    > I have tried reset codes to no avail.
    >
    > do I need to put a new image on the hd to get it back working?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > ---

ReplayTV Home Theatre