  • Power Up
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
September 12, 2004 10:14:18 PM

How can I prevent the "System Configuration Utility"
program from automatically stating up when I power up my PC
(I press cancel to eliminate the program). I'm currently
running WindowsXP (Home Edition).

Any/all help is appreciated.

Carmine

More about : system configuration utility

Anonymous
September 13, 2004 1:47:09 PM

Carmine,

1. Click Start, Run and type "msconfig /auto". Check the option "Don't
show......." and press OK.
-or-
2. Download a fix from Doug's site:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_nomsconfig.h...

In both cases, you need to have Administrator privileges.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

!