System Configuration Utility

How can I prevent the "System Configuration Utility"
program from automatically stating up when I power up my PC
(I press cancel to eliminate the program). I'm currently
running WindowsXP (Home Edition).

Any/all help is appreciated.

Carmine
1 answer Last reply
More about system configuration utility

    Carmine,

    1. Click Start, Run and type "msconfig /auto". Check the option "Don't
    show......." and press OK.
    -or-
    2. Download a fix from Doug's site:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_nomsconfig.htm

    In both cases, you need to have Administrator privileges.

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "Carmine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    How can I prevent the "System Configuration Utility"
    program from automatically stating up when I power up my PC
    (I press cancel to eliminate the program). I'm currently
    running WindowsXP (Home Edition).

    Any/all help is appreciated.

    Carmine

Configuration Power Up Microsoft Windows XP