Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 vs 8800gt 512 MB DDR-3

tombodude

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I just bought this thinking I would upgrade the 8800 GT, but from what I'm seeing, the 8800 is about a third faster - us this correct? I think I bought the wrong card, but would like to know. I don't really game, but want high-speed 2D and good general purpose video performance. Any experts?

Solution
Web pages are 2D and as such speed of browsing is mostly dependent on you internet connection and slightly dependent on your CPU speed for page rendering.
Much weaker cards than either of the ones you have will offer the same performance for basic computer tasks like that.

tombodude

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
Thanks to all. But, will the internet display slow down? Right now, with the 8800GT, web pages really snap into place. Will this change with a slower 3d rate on the 4670?

Web pages are 2D and as such speed of browsing is mostly dependent on you internet connection and slightly dependent on your CPU speed for page rendering.
Much weaker cards than either of the ones you have will offer the same performance for basic computer tasks like that.

Solution