Replacement for X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

rn_

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Hello everyone.

I am now fed up with my X-Fi. What a piece of ***.

As almost everyone else I get this "hiss" that simply ruins everything. I not sure how it happens or why. Its just comes out of the blue. The only way to kill this "hiss" is by go in "Speakers" setting and select "Auto Detect". If you are lucky the hiss will die, otherwise just keep pressing it til it goes away.

But after having doing this for 6 months now, I had enough.

So anyone out there that also enjoys the Smart Volume option, EQ and the Crystalizer have a recommendation on some other sound card that works just as well?

My sound card needs is listing to music and playing games. However I do want to enjoy the full experience of full bass, so I am usually not satisfied with 128kb and other low level sounds/music. E.g. On board is not enough for me.

Anyone got a good sound card to recommend?

MagicPants

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
I'd try the asus Xonar DX or DX2.

Another good choice would be the Auzen X-Fi Bravura.

But personally I'd go with the Xonar DX because it's the least expensive and asus will probably be able to support it longer than Auzen.

I had an X-fi titanium (not fatal1ty) that drove me nuts, I ripped it out and am just using onboard, but it's good onboard (asus p6td deluxe).

leon2006

Distinguished
List down your hardware / software specs so others can provide more inputs on your issue.

I have an X-fi for >a year and never had issues with it. My sound card drives my 7.1 receiver. I have no issue whatsoever. My system runs on Vista-64. Refer to my configuration.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Creative's 'customer support' (and the forums :p ).

I would recommend either the ASUS Xonar D1 (PCI) or Xonar Dx (PCIe).
Both offer noticable improved sound quality, propper driver support and, at $90, are excelent all around cards.