External vs Internal Hard drive prices

I was shopping around for hard drives and noticed that while the price for internal hard drives have been going because of the flooding in Thailand. But i looked at the external hard drive prices have been remaining quite stable (just seagate i think) But the internal Hard drives for seagate have also gone up. So whats with the discrepancy between external and internal drive prices? Do people need less externals,or can't the companies slow down external drive production to mkae up for internal drives?

Solution
it takes time for them to ship from factory to shops so those externals out there are already being produced a good time while ago. so they can sell them at the same price. Also internal drive's demand is way higher then external, all new systems, and servers needs internal drive while external is a smaller market. There isn't much room to reduce production.

zhihao50

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
it takes time for them to ship from factory to shops so those externals out there are already being produced a good time while ago. so they can sell them at the same price. Also internal drive's demand is way higher then external, all new systems, and servers needs internal drive while external is a smaller market. There isn't much room to reduce production.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS