inspiron 8200 cdrw dvd drive does not eject

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 27, 2004 10:16:58 PM

When I press the eject button on the drive it does not eject. It just
spins down and acts as if it is going to eject but then spins back up
again and reads the disc. It does this for all types of media. I have
been using ye olde paper clip but that is REALLY getting old. My drive
is the Module, CDRW/DVD, Hitachi LG Data Storage, Inspiron, SIDE, TK

Please help.

jonrohrer@yahoo.com
July 23, 2004 10:17:50 PM

On 27 Jun 2004 18:16:58 -0700, jonrohrer@yahoo.com (jonrohrer) wrote:

>When I press the eject button on the drive it does not eject. It just
>spins down and acts as if it is going to eject but then spins back up
>again and reads the disc. It does this for all types of media. I have
>been using ye olde paper clip but that is REALLY getting old. My drive
>is the Module, CDRW/DVD, Hitachi LG Data Storage, Inspiron, SIDE, TK
>
>Please help.
>
>jonrohrer@yahoo.com

Does pressing Fn+F10 work?
!