Ideas for a $650 build

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within the next week.
BUDGET RANGE: $650 before rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Surfing internet, watching ripped HD movies, gaming, online video watching (you tube ect...)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, mouse, OS, optical drive, monitor

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: The Cheapest!

PARTS PREFERENCES: none

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe but not likely

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I have a large storage drive already, would like to go with a small ssd drive for the OS. I don't mind buying the video card another time and using the onboard video for a short time. As long as it has hdmi and can handle HD content.

Here's what I came up with. Any suggestions please?
9 answers Last reply
More about ideas build
  1. Hmm you could get the 955BE - unlocked multi fun cheaper price hehe 80+ modular PSU for mATX/shoebox for better cable management promoting better airflow?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341016
  2. AH! The picture won't zoom in!

What do you mean 955BE "unlocked"?
  3. Peeps buy a Black Edition chip primarily to clock it easier because the multiplier on it is unlocked. However i feel for your intended task/use you would do fine with a cooler running 95W TDP X4 925 hehe So with a nice 80+ modular PSU included a suggested config @ $642 AR:
  4. I actually really like your recommendations. But for a little bit above my budget, I think I'll use your suggestions exept with this cpu:

AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail

That brings my total to $694.95.

Is it cheaper or more to build a ATX build rather than a Micro ATX?
  5. Well i assumed you had settled for a compact mATX/shoebox build but it will work out the same really depending on what case is selected :P
  6. Well, I wanted to keep the case small, because it will be on my media stand. I'm really liking the build, hopfully I can order it on Wednesday.
  7. Ughh!!! I Am ordering my parts tommorow and all the prices went up, and the combo deals are gone!!! Any new ideas?
  8. Wait until Thursday or Friday. Combos will come back. It's the first of the month, that's why.
    Trust me, a few days could save you hundreds.
  9. Well in my config the only combo was OCZ SSD + PSU and one could source out the same SSD cheaper possibly outside Egg hehe Buy ya if u could wait could be even more juicier combos in wait :P
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product