Sign in with
Your question

Ideas for a $650 build

Last response: in Systems
November 29, 2009 8:14:05 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within the next week.
BUDGET RANGE: $650 before rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Surfing internet, watching ripped HD movies, gaming, online video watching (you tube ect...)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, mouse, OS, optical drive, monitor

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: The Cheapest!

PARTS PREFERENCES: none

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe but not likely

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I have a large storage drive already, would like to go with a small ssd drive for the OS. I don't mind buying the video card another time and using the onboard video for a short time. As long as it has hdmi and can handle HD content.

Here's what I came up with. Any suggestions please?

More about : ideas 650 build

November 29, 2009 8:19:51 PM

AH! The picture won't zoom in!

What do you mean 955BE "unlocked"?
m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2009 8:34:51 PM

Peeps buy a Black Edition chip primarily to clock it easier because the multiplier on it is unlocked. However i feel for your intended task/use you would do fine with a cooler running 95W TDP X4 925 hehe So with a nice 80+ modular PSU included a suggested config @ $642 AR:
m
l
November 29, 2009 9:42:28 PM

I actually really like your recommendations. But for a little bit above my budget, I think I'll use your suggestions exept with this cpu:

AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail

That brings my total to $694.95.

Is it cheaper or more to build a ATX build rather than a Micro ATX?
m
l
November 30, 2009 2:11:19 AM

Well i assumed you had settled for a compact mATX/shoebox build but it will work out the same really depending on what case is selected :p 
m
l
November 30, 2009 8:28:58 PM

Well, I wanted to keep the case small, because it will be on my media stand. I'm really liking the build, hopfully I can order it on Wednesday.
m
l
December 2, 2009 1:19:56 AM

Ughh!!! I Am ordering my parts tommorow and all the prices went up, and the combo deals are gone!!! Any new ideas?
m
l
December 2, 2009 1:29:14 AM

Wait until Thursday or Friday. Combos will come back. It's the first of the month, that's why.
Trust me, a few days could save you hundreds.
m
l
December 2, 2009 2:04:26 AM

Well in my config the only combo was OCZ SSD + PSU and one could source out the same SSD cheaper possibly outside Egg hehe Buy ya if u could wait could be even more juicier combos in wait :p 
m
l
!