Which SSD is reccomended?

I am building a new system in an Antec 300 Illusion case with a GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. I am getting a 500gb Seagate Barracuda, but I am looking for a 60gb SSD to boot from and possibly put a game or two on. I know absolutely NOTHING about ssds.
5 answers Last reply
More about which reccomended
  1. Know that if by "Game" you mean something like World of Warcraft, a 60 GB drive will be full.

Anyhow, here are the latest recommendations:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-nand-reliability,3021.html
  2. How about the Patriot Pyro PP60GS25SSDR 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD). I was looking into an OCZ SSD but I have heard and read some very nasty things about them.
  3. 64 gb Samsung 830 reads are as fast as either of those but it is supposedly as reliable...
  4. What version of windows do you have ? A 60gb is small if you want to put a few games as well that thing will be full in no time and it's best for performance reasons to not fill the SSD to capacity. I was using a 64gb as my boot drive and with only one game added in no time it was up to over 50gb and starting to slow down. I now have a 180gb for the boot drive and 99gb free space. Corsair Force GT180gb.
  5. I will be running 64bit windows 7. The only game I would be throwing on it is Battlefield 3. With a 7200rpm hd, that thing still takes FOREVER to load.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Intel Storage