P6X58D Premium and 8gb Ram. What do I get? Been having horrible problmes with t

So... I would like to have 12GB... I know I don really need it... so I would settle for 8... what is the best to buy? I dont mean the most expensive... but really, what do I buy so I know it will be compatible and wont have anymore prolems with it... I have 6gb of the PC3-12800 RAM in there now... and sometimes it recognizes 6gb... most of the time it only recognies 4gb... and sometimes... it wont boot at all! I'm a at wits end here... I spend a *** ton of money on this computer... and everything has been working great.. up until this ram all started failing... started at 12gb... now down to 4gb... and I can really tell a differentce too... Please Help Me! I'm pretty much a n00b when it comes to building computers, which is why I paid someone to do it for me.. he just ROYALLY F***ED UP with the RAM... and doesn't wanna make it right either, but that's another story. Just tell me... What do I buy? Tell me an I will order it right now! :-) Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated... I'm at my wits end. :(
1 answer Last reply
More about p6x58d premium horrible problmes
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

What RAM do u have currently?, since u mobo support tir-channel isn't a good idea go with 8GB because that only can works in tri-channel plus single channel or all in dual channel.

A very good RAM for that mobo is this G.Skill PI series 1600
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Compatibility Product