Help with TP 240x & DOS Drivers for SCSI PC Card w/Ghost

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 28, 2004 9:58:47 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.scsi,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

I recently picked up an IBM PIII 500 TP 240x in almost new
condition. It came with WinXP Pro with NTSF.

I have an Adaptec SlimSCSI APA 1460A PC Card and a Seagate
DDS3 SCSI tape drive.

The Seagate works great for doing Ghost 2003 backups from my
IBM T20 with a floppy boot disk but I can't get it to work
with the TP 240x.

The DOS drivers load but Ghost doesn't recognize the tape
drive on the 240x.

It works well with both laptops in Windows (Win98SE on the
T20 and XP on the 240x).

Here's my Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files:

DEVICE=A:\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=A:\EMM386.EXE NOEMS X=D000-DFFF
DOS=HIGH,UMB
FILES=40
BUFFERS=5,0
DEVICE=A:\IBMDSS14.SYS
DEVICE=A:\IBMDOSCS.SYS
DEVICE=A:\ASPI2DOS.SYS
LASTDRIVE=Z

@ECHO OFF
PROMPT $p$g
SET PATH=A:\; A:\GHOST
CD\GHOST
GHOST.EXE

I've tried a number of different drivers and switches but
haven't been able to get the drive to work in DOS on the
240x.

Any suggestions?
--
Chas. verktyg@aol.spamski.com (Drop spamski to E-mail
me)

* * Chas <dnafutz@aol.spam.com> wrote:
> I recently picked up an IBM PIII 500 TP 240x in almost new
> condition. It came with WinXP Pro with NTSF.

Asked and answered in the Forums Chas.

--
Regards,

James

a b D Laptop
June 29, 2004 6:11:31 AM

"JHEM" <James@ESAD_SPAMMERS.thinkpads.com> wrote in message
> * * Chas <dnafutz@aol.spam.com> wrote:
> > I recently picked up an IBM PIII 500 TP 240x in almost
new
> > condition. It came with WinXP Pro with NTSF.
>
> Asked and answered in the Forums Chas.
> --
> Regards,
>
> James
>
> Checkout the NEW Thinkpad Forums:
http://forum.thinkpads.com

You get around, don't you! ;-)

--
Chas. verktyg@aol.spamski.com (Drop spamski to E-mail
me)
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 29, 2004 7:24:41 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.scsi,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

* * Chas <dnafutz@aol.spam.com> wrote:

> You get around, don't you! ;-)

I have to keep on the move to stay one step ahead of _THEM_! ;-)

--
Regards,

James