Sign in with
Your question

Have acer aspire one plugged in and does nothing

Last response: in Components
February 10, 2010 11:51:41 PM

acer aspire one model zg5
I plug in the power cord and get short lived lights on the battery indicator and power button and it does not do anything when I try to power up, checked power supply and its good I,ve tried to do the same with the battery out and same results any ideas.

Thanks

More about : acer aspire plugged

February 24, 2010 3:05:10 AM

...So the battery works (providing it's charged), but the adapter does not?

Have you tried using a different, COMPATIBLE adapter with the acer?

If that doesn't work, contact acer and request service because you more than likely have a loose connection or even a faulty charging circuit.
m
l
February 25, 2010 1:13:45 AM

Yes have tried a new adapter with no change will take your advise and call acer
thanks
m
l
Related resources
August 10, 2010 7:24:56 AM

I have the same problem with my Acer aspire one ZG5 after a failed BIOS update,called Acer support and they said WARRENTY does not cover BIOS UPDATES.My netbook will not power on anymore,it just blinks on a orange light for a fraction of a second when I insert the mains cable with battery removed.Its only 3 months old,and Acer say it will cost me atleast £70 plus vat.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem.
m
l
January 29, 2012 7:36:47 AM

I know it's an old post but in case someone else googles it, i've come across several acer one's that have a defective lcd connection cable. It's short circuited and it causes the laptop to not start at all. Once the lcd is disconnected everything's back to normal.
m
l
!