Have acer aspire one plugged in and does nothing

phillong

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
acer aspire one model zg5
I plug in the power cord and get short lived lights on the battery indicator and power button and it does not do anything when I try to power up, checked power supply and its good I,ve tried to do the same with the battery out and same results any ideas.

Thanks

Zinosys

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
...So the battery works (providing it's charged), but the adapter does not?

Have you tried using a different, COMPATIBLE adapter with the acer?

If that doesn't work, contact acer and request service because you more than likely have a loose connection or even a faulty charging circuit.

coleraine

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I have the same problem with my Acer aspire one ZG5 after a failed BIOS update,called Acer support and they said WARRENTY does not cover BIOS UPDATES.My netbook will not power on anymore,it just blinks on a orange light for a fraction of a second when I insert the mains cable with battery removed.Its only 3 months old,and Acer say it will cost me atleast £70 plus vat.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I know it's an old post but in case someone else googles it, i've come across several acer one's that have a defective lcd connection cable. It's short circuited and it causes the laptop to not start at all. Once the lcd is disconnected everything's back to normal.