Sign in with
Your question

IP35-Pro won't boot...error code 50

Last response: in Motherboards
June 9, 2010 11:36:05 PM

I attempted to reboot my computer today and can no longer boot. The computer just gets stuck at the motherboard splash screen.

The motherboard is an a-bit IP35 pro. The digital readout on the board reads "50", which according to the manual is "USB Initialization" that it gets stuck on.

The manual says to remove all USB devices and try again. This did not help, there's no USB devices plugged in and it still gets stuck there.

The only option I've seen around the net is to try resetting the CMOS (which in 99% of cases doesn't seem to have helped anyway). However my computer is set up with Raid-0, will resetting the CMOS settings reset my SATA controller mode (it is IDE by default, currently I have it set on Raid) thereby killing my array and erasing all my data?

Any other suggestions?
June 26, 2010 12:35:40 AM

reinstall you chipset drivers or open device manager and look for problems with your usb
if problem found click on install drivers from source and point to your drivers on chipset cd.
m
l
July 18, 2010 1:15:24 AM

u812 said:
reinstall you chipset drivers or open device manager and look for problems with your usb
if problem found click on install drivers from source and point to your drivers on chipset cd.

He can no longer boot.

Freebagel, I would say that a CMOS reset would NOT erase your data but I'd like to get someone else's opinion on this doing so. Anyone more knowledgeable have an answer?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
July 22, 2010 4:57:12 PM

Yes, you can clear the CMOS and then set the SATA to RAID and it will keep the RAID data. I have changed from a ASUS P5B with ICH8R to ASUS Rampage Formula with ICH9R and the RAID0 transfer worked. All I did is change the SATA to RAID and it detected the RAID0 and booted to Windows 7.

When you clear the CMOS and boot up set SATA to RAID and save and exit. Upon reboot go back in to the BIOS and set the RAID as Boot hard drive.

The only way that you will loose data is if you delete the RAID in the RAID configuration (Enter by pressing [Ctrl+I] for Intel RAID setup.)

1Haplo
m
l
!