RAID 0 -- Drive out of Array

So, my computer restarted when I was gaming earlier, but when it came back it said that my OC settings were incorrect. I did something so stupid --- I clicked "Load Optimized values" and my pc loaded up fine, just that i couldn't actually see anything on my desktop. My RAID drive kinda went missing in the process.

Now the array is short 1 drive. Check the picture/attachment for the explanation.
I'm assuming it's probably a bios problem, since the "optimized values" are sometimes not what I installed.

Somethings I noted:
- It was in AHCI mode (not RAID) when I started my pc up for the first time after it crashed.
- The PC is taking much longer to start up (i don't know if that's a BIOS problem, or if it's possibly an issue with my drives).

...and all I wanted to do was play HoMM VI today... sigh.

Any help would be much appreciated.

4 answers Last reply
More about raid drive array
  1. "- It was in AHCI mode (not RAID) when I started my pc up for the first time after it crashed. "

Suggests that the BIOS reset for some reason. Have you re-configured the BIOS as it was?
  2. Not completely... I'm not entirely sure how it was before. It was in RAID mode, I know that.
  3. Something else I noticed... The missing drive has a serial number...

"Missing Disk's" Serial no. : D-WMAY01444266:0
    Where the actual disk's Serial No. is : WD-WMAY01444266

The port is also unknown... but it's supposed to be 2 (that's the port of the drive).
    The drive that's sitting inside the array is port 3.
  4. Anyone looking for methods on how to fix this problem, check:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?187723-Intel-ICHxR-RAID-Data-Recovery-101

Really helped me the past couple of days.

P.S. Be sure to read all of it... There are some mistakes here and there, that could mess up your system.
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Storage