How to reformat a laptop without cd drive

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • CD Drives
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
June 7, 2012 7:42:16 AM

Hello,
can anyone pls help me reformat my notebook...i don't know the brand but the model is indigo.it's a generic brand....operating system is xp.after i turn it on,a lot of things appear on the screen and i don't know what they are but it also gives me a choice between f1 and f2 and if i choose f2 it then starts and shows my screensaver but it stops there.i tried waiting for 2hrs but nothing happens...can anyone pls help me?thanks.i would appreciate any help.

More about : reformat laptop drive

a b D Laptop
June 7, 2012 8:43:00 AM

amiel_69 said:
Hello,
can anyone pls help me reformat my notebook...i don't know the brand but the model is indigo.it's a generic brand....operating system is xp.after i turn it on,a lot of things appear on the screen and i don't know what they are but it also gives me a choice between f1 and f2 and if i choose f2 it then starts and shows my screensaver but it stops there.i tried waiting for 2hrs but nothing happens...can anyone pls help me?thanks.i would appreciate any help.

Look in System Properties - Computer Name Tab. Maybe someone put the Brand name in there. Have you tried F8 at startup to see if you can get into safe mode ? If you have no CD drive, how were you planning to install an OS after you format the drive ?
m
l
Related resources
!